Skip navigation

dem der dook boys

Back to the top

dem der dook boys

Bullitt has the cooler cars and tail out action, but surely the best car chase ever was Ronin (5 series and P406)?

Banner

Back to the top
You ever see the original version of that Taxi film (not the de-niro Taxi film different one) but the french one where the guy has a taxi pugeot 406 which has air ride suspension etc etc OZ super T's mi-16 well tuned! Takes on the bad boys in their AMG mercs etc - extremely good fun…

Back to the top

tallpete said

Hey Al, your no. of posts seems stuck on 666?

Must be the devil in me!!!

Back to the top
Oh well, I can't be that bad - it seems to have passed!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I think...

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
…I've worked it out

Back to the top
Yeah, they are all numbered the same until you log out!

Peter

Back to the top
... or something

Back to the top

dubboy said

Bullitt has the cooler cars and tail out action, but surely the best car chase ever was Ronin (5 series and P406)?

Think it was an Audi S8 with a Citroen Xantia easily keeping up - just like real life 8O

Bullitt's famous chase also had a Dodge Charger RT - but as the bad guys car. McQueen had a sweet '68 mustang GT Fastback in Highland Green.  If you watch closely you see the same white beetle a few times as the chase scenes go round and round the same block  :D

There's plenty or urban legends regarding where the sound came from for the stang. Some say it was done with a mic up its butt on ramps with the wheels hanging, some say it was GT40 recordings . . .  :dontknow:

Back to the top

lakesk8 said

bullitt rules!!! especially the soundtrack
Jjl.

The Bullitt soundtrack music was written by Lalo Schifrin, an Argentinian who "has written more than 100 scores for films and television. Among the classic scores are ?Mission Impossible,? ?Mannix,? ?The Fox,? ?Cool Hand Luke,? ?Bullitt,? ?Dirty Harry,? ?The Cincinnati Kid,?and ?Amityville Horror.? Recent film scores include ?Tango,? ?Rush Hour,? ?Rush Hour 2,? ?Bringing Down The House,?, ?The Bridge of San Luis Rey,? ?After the Sunset,? and ?Abominable.?" (quote from his website)

I noticed his music in Bullitt, and now I see his credits in lots of films, and the music is always great…

The best two film soundtrack composers ever are Ennio Morricone and Lalo Schifrin, IMHO.

Back to the top
Think it was an Audi S8 with a Citroen Xantia easily keeping up - just like real life  

Bullitt's famous chase also had a Dodge Charger RT - but as the bad guys car. McQueen had a sweet '68 mustang GT Fastback in Highland Green. If you watch closely you see the same white beetle a few times as the chase scenes go round and round the same block  

I meant the chase at the end of Ronin, but the Audi chase against Citroen XM was cool too!

I think the Beetle seen over and over was green rather than white but some time since I saw it.

The epitomy of  8) ….

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
:drool: One day I'll have one! (I can dream)

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

:drool: One day I'll have one! (I can dream)

They're not that expensive for what you get (about ?10k for a fastback model in fair condition)

There are a few around Dublin (one is a metallic green '67 fastback, like the one in the film!), and every time the wife and I are near one in traffic, we open the windows and turn off the radio, to enjoy the "engine-music" of the big V8 when the lights change  8)

PS: The beetle is green, and is seen a few times on the same shot, but from different angles. Another bit of trivia is that the Dodge Charger loses more than 4 hubcaps in the chase (oops!). Still the best car chase ever!!!

Back to the top
There's a Red one near me (not the fastback model though but still looks great)… keep going on drives to see if it's still there… I must be sad!

Maybe I'll come across a cheap one that needs some work when I have a few thousand burning a whole in my back pocket  :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Another bit of trivia for you the mustang soundtrack in the film is actually a Ford Gt40 recorded on a lap of le man (Sir McQueen driving) .Steve dident think that the standard mustang sounded gutsy enough (Was he mad) , cant remember the details but if you listen when he's trying to catch the charger going uphill he changes up 6 times a 69 mustang only has 4 . And all the cars in Ronin where right hand drive and rigged out with left hand drive dash boards , then driven through the chase with the actors sat as drivers etc , this is why they look so worried . Does anyone know if they really killed the 3 jags and that ferarriin the italian job . Fave film the original gumball rally , Ac 427 cobra racing down storm drains WHAT A SOUND . :borg:

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top

tallpete said

That is amazing  8O

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet   8)

Wonder how many takes that took???

Back to the top

geezer said

Another bit of trivia for you the mustang soundtrack in the film is actually a Ford GT40 recorded on a lap of le man (Sir McQueen driving) .Steve dident think that the standard mustang sounded gutsy enough (Was he mad) , cant remember the details but if you listen when he's trying to catch the charger going uphill he changes up 6 times a 69 mustang only has 4 . And all the cars in Ronin where right hand drive and rigged out with left hand drive dash boards , then driven through the chase with the actors sat as drivers etc , this is why they look so worried . Does anyone know if they really killed the 3 jags and that ferarriin the italian job . Fave film the original gumball rally , Ac 427 cobra racing down storm drains WHAT A SOUND . :borg:

U beat me to it on the GT40 info!! Apparently, all the cars from Italian Job (one of my faves) were scrapped although reg nos were kept. The three Mini reg plates went up for auction last year. No one seemed to know what they were off except for a couple of keen bidders. Best number plate money could buy I reckon.

On slight tangent recall seeing a film once with an epic speed boat chase around Amsterdam (I think?) lasted about 10-15 mins and on par with Bullitt - anyone know it?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:oops: sorry.

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:oops: sorry.

LMAO :lmao:  dee-da-da-da-diddy-da-de-da-da-da-da :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
There are too many online users to list.