Skip navigation

Common/ Rare MK1's

Back to the top

Common/ Rare MK1's

Just looking through the registers, aparently I owned the only GL. Quite a few GLS, loads GTi, one GX; but only my old GL. Is/was it few and far between?

just wondering,
Andy

"May she Rust In Pieces…." :boohoo:

Black MK1 GTI Campaign SOLD
Blue T5 GP 2010 Transporter (Van)
Orange M6L 2012 Brompton (Bike)
Neversummer 2012 Revolver (Snowboard)

Back to the top
The GL was sold in fairly low numbers compared to the base models and GTi plus it was only a regular model for Series 2s (it made a brief appearance for the 1978 MY Series 1). I think it is more to do with the Club attracting mostly the GTi still.

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
you learn something new every day…. :y:  :clap:

nice one

Black MK1 GTI Campaign SOLD
Blue T5 GP 2010 Transporter (Van)
Orange M6L 2012 Brompton (Bike)
Neversummer 2012 Revolver (Snowboard)

Back to the top
How many mk1 vans are still on the road? i have been offered one,been a long time since i laid eyes on one,i had a mk1 van but it was converted into a 2 door car A97 jce still on the road :D
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
I would love a van project.... If only time money and space was an available :cry:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

Back to the top
when my mum was looking for a first car/company car we naturally hunted round for a mk1 van finally turning up a red diesel which we lowered, alloyed and polished up for her and it was well funny watching her driving about in it(especially as it had an ally rear strut base to stop deliveries flying about lol)when she eventually upgraded the van got sold to my mate who will now not let go of it and has been permanently going to valverise it but to no decent end so far. Ive had a couple mk1 gls' a gl couple of drivers, rarest mk1 so far is defo my 2dr jetta tho(golf-coupe lol)

Back to the top
mine is a 5 door gl,were gl's only available in 5 door?

Back to the top
one of my 5doors was a gl and the other was a gls, all my three doors were usually drivers or formel e's except for my solitary GTi, dont know the exact specifics tho if tey were only available in 5 doors :?

Back to the top
ive put a gl auto on the register and a gx

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top

ed_whiteley said

mine is a 5 door gl,were gl's only available in 5 door?

Yes

Driver 3 door only

C Formel E 3 or 5 door

GTi 3 or 5 door (at least in Europe!)

Banner

Back to the top
I never knew they produced a 5 door MK1 GTI in Europe! Anyone got any pics?

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
anyone got any production figures for drivers to hand ?!  ta.  :)

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
both my cars are gone off the register  :(

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top

paul_c said

Interesting - that van seems to have been made by adding steel sheets into the rear side window apertures - the original "van-blanks" have a ribbed shape stamped into them, matching the overall shape of the aperture that they're filling. (plus there a GX badge - 3-door GX's were available outside the UK)

Back to the top
Whats my 1300 then its on an '83 plate and its a 5dr? Doesn't state any model on the documents?

Back to the top

rare/common

i have mk1 1600 diesel van 5 speed box dropped on coilovers 14inch driver steels

Back to the top
must say I must have a rare GTI.. NOBODY's got that crisp packet effect like mine  :lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
How about an '83 5 door C Formel E? I don't think I've seen another like mine yet.   :)

Back to the top

Shortstuff said

I never knew they produced a 5 door MK1 GTI in Europe! Anyone got any pics?

Haven't got any pics to hand, but basically identical to the 3 door except the seats were the same as the GX, i.e. not striped.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.