Skip navigation

Polish off

Back to the top

Polish off

What the……………… :dontknow:  :lmao:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

Si_Coupe-Club said

off topic

Kins is a cheating git

Nice goat

Off subject…………… Si is that your goat?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Owned!!!!!!!

Did you make the goat yourself?

There's some real skill involved there, does it have Nos?

Back to the top
Si….. this is your meganes reg. plate!

Back to the top
ive been working on that sig you wanted kins

What do you think?

Quite artistic isnt it?

Back to the top
Ooooh bellow the belt!

Well at least I don't do this at the weekends goatboy…….

Back to the top
Do you think that green shirt makes me look fat?

Back to the top

Si_Coupe-Club said

Porsche 356
Lambo Miura
Ferrari 250

are collectable "items" of automobillia, not tin pot german people cars. You realise your worshipping a poverty economy car for the german masses???

Granted the MK1 has begun a cult following but its never gonna be an item of history.

I work for a company who deals with classic cars and have delivered and driven all of the above including ?7m ferrari 250 GTO and every one interested in these types of car know there motoring landmarks and in the late 70's early 80's as well as your supercars the most well known car icon is the original Golf GTI……..FACT

Back to the top

?

Back to the top
Mmmmmm 250 GTO has got to be my fav car….this is just sex on wheels!

Back to the top
thing is they're all different as well really adds to the exclusivity them….We do a lot of work for a company called GTO engineering in berkshire and its an awesome place to look around just very difficult to peal yourself away :roll:

Back to the top
Do you think they would notice us if we tried to wheel one into the back of your artic? :lol:

Back to the top
:lol:  its the only car i would say that has tempted me to come backafter work, open up the warehouse and take it out for a good blast :twisted: only trouble is the damn cctv :banghead:

Back to the top
Just got back from work and had a good laugh.
Kins, How did polishing your car get to 6 pages? :)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Ev…. for the legend that is "kins" 6 pages is substandard  :posh:

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

Si_Coupe-Club said

Porsche 356
Lambo Miura
Ferrari 250

are collectable "items" of automobillia, not tin pot german people cars. You realise your worshipping a poverty economy car for the german masses???

Granted the MK1 has begun a cult following but its never gonna be an item of history.

I work for a company who deals with classic cars and have delivered and driven all of the above including ?7m ferrari 250 GTO and every one interested in these types of car know there motoring landmarks and in the late 70's early 80's as well as your supercars the most well known car icon is the original Golf GTI……..FACT

Fact is no one ever had a poster of a Mk1 golf gti on there wall, they had the lambo contach or the ferrari f40, that was icon.

I would put the golf gti in the same stable a citreon 2 cv and the ford capri then for iconic status.

I know you love your cars and yes they are cool, but sorry there not an icon. granted they were the first hatchback that had performance to match more expensive cars. Just cos Clarkson thinks there an icon doesnt mean they are. There just not special enough.  8)

Back to the top
Si-coupe club dont you ever stop ramblin on?
 :naughty:  :naughty:
Are you Eugene in disguise?

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
PMSL  :lol: you could never hide those teeth

'98 Championship White Honda Integra Type R

Back to the top
I know you love your cars and yes they are cool, but sorry there not an icon. granted they were the first hatchback that had performance to match more expensive cars. Just cos Clarkson thinks there an icon doesnt mean they are. There just not special enough.

Definition
icon (REPRESENTATION)
noun
a very famous person or thing considered as representing a set of beliefs or a way of life

Channel 4 already asked the public for the Greatest Car Ever. The Golf GTi was nominated http://www.channel4.co…-greatest/nominees/v.html

"VW Golf GTI - 1978: A landmark car on every level, the 1970s Golf GTi turned the concept of the hot hatch into a cultural icon, as well as giving the term 'GTi' mythic status. Like the 205 GTi, it is still an outstanding drivers' car today. "

Now check the results.  http://www.channel4.co…eatest/results/10-01.html

The Mk1 Golf GTi is an icon according to the public. Case closed.

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
Well said Dubboy!

Why sign up to a site that supports a car you'd class in the same league as a Citreon 2CV  :dontknow:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.