Skip navigation

derbys, notts, meeting

Back to the top

derbys, notts, meeting

anybody from these areas fancy getting a meet organised. i'm based in chesterfield, nr j29/30 m1. sunday's are usually good .any suggestions where and when ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
is there any nice boozers near to the motorway jim? if so ill come down mate

Back to the top
hello mate, going to do some research (pub crawl )  :lol: and find a decent pub close to a m1 junction. was thinking along the lines of having a meet on a week night for summer and change to weekends during winter/ end of show season if that sounds reasonable ? any ideas welcome, try and suit as many as we can. let me know your thoughts cheers……

Back to the top
id prob b interested but as mentioned before, may be in the mk2 as found a lot more rust on the gx...

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
friday, saturday or sunday would be best with me mate due to work but can do weekdays if thats all thats going, try and sort summat while weathers nice mate makes car look nicer :mrgreen:

Back to the top
ok will start searching for a decent pub. anyone else interested or is it just me tomo & dubgrrl ?

Back to the top
yeah im interested mate, cheers for the cis controller thingy off ebay worked a treat, been a while since i bought it off ya.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
kEEP AT IT MATE, I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM STARTING THE SW MEET,

GET A DATE SORTED AND A PLACE, AND YOU'LL FIND YOU GET MORE INTEREST.

GOOD LUCK :y:

DARREN :D

Back to the top
cheers for the advice will do.  i think your right in just naming a venue and day/ night . trying to find out who's in the area and who's interested.

Back to the top
think steve might be interested the geordie fella but its a bit of a trek for him, ill be honest i havent got any mk1 gti's that started life that way all hybrids or imports, will try and drum up some support, chudd might come he aint miles away, be a laugh though and put faces to names, keep seeing young lasses in them round here but i dont think they would be too impressed if i was to approach them and ask them if they would like to participate in a meet will try my best though

Back to the top
Im up for it if you dont mind me joining in.

I am at Juction 28 Near alfreton only one junction away.

Let me know if you push it any further.

Andy.

Back to the top
more than welcome mate. bit pushed for time at moment. where are you ? i used to live at tansley and  have friends at south normanton. will try and sort out a meet.

Back to the top
Hi.

I am in Morton a few miles from clay cross. Not far from south normanton 5 mins.

Andy.

Back to the top
yep i know morton, middle of england.  will keep an eye out for you .how long have you had your golf ? know of any other mk1 owners in the area ?

Back to the top
Ive had it for 2 Years now. I keep doing little bits to it.

I afraid i dont know anyone else with a mk1 only mine. Sounds daft but you dont see that many around morton dunno why.

Andy

Back to the top
well if you see a silver or a lhasa green one flashing and waving that will be me .

Back to the top
I`m in South Normanton… Mars Red a reg Cabriolet, and there`s someone with a blue K reg 2 streets away from me… so there you go !! Will come to a meet as long as the weather`s o.k… that`s not raining….  can`t let my baby get wet can I ???   :P
 :oops:

Holden Rodeo Twin cab 1997

Hyundai Excel Twin Cam 1998

Golf Gti Mk1 Cabriolet 1984

Back to the top
hello , will that be 2 streets away from alfreton rd ? that will be my girlfriends cabby.  :banghead: why doesn't anyone notice my cars , hours cleaning and polishing nothing, girlfriend goes out heads turn…. thats it  cunning plan short skirt and a wig then i will get noticed !!!!!!!! :wink:

Back to the top
lol jim, u gonna need some high heels mate :wink: any nearer to meet date? gl will be ready i reckon :lol:

Back to the top
hello i am going to get a meet set up, only problem is time until start of september too busy . i have spotted a couple of cabby's around chesterfield and left calling card printed from website to promote club. i think a sunday afternoon will be best but will post a venue and date soon cheers.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.