Skip navigation

problem solved

Back to the top

problem solved

…………………….you clever sausage!
 :dontknow:
git

Back to the top
Thanks GIT, nice explanation, will try to sort mine out. If you hear a big explosion and I don<t post anymore on here you'll know what's happened!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
This is all very fresh in my mind as I replaced my fuel pump on Sunday …. many thanks to Campaign83 for the pump!  :D

Agree with all the comments but I didn't find a small filter when changing the pump. The replacement was an original VW so maybe it wasn't fitted with one as suggested by Al.

I didn't have a chubby mate to hand so had to use the boring and basic mole grips… if only I'd thought of the chubby mate finger method I could have had a bit of fun whilst working! Think I'll write to Haynes and suggest it.

My only comment is to warn all to be v careful when removing the union joint as the elec terminals are right in the way  :banghead: Took some time to get it off and then to get it tight enough again to avoid leaking fuel and sparking terminals!!

Worst job was getting the tray etc all back together but after a year of sitting in a barn, MY GOLF IS GOING AGAIN!!

:cheer:  :dance:

All I need now is to sort the rust out and get resprayed and everything needed to get it through an mot!

Might get done in time for Gaydon next year!! But at least I can sit in it and listen to the purrrr!!

Happy to offer any advice on changing fuel pumps now!!

Andy
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.