Skip navigation

My Golf on Evilbay!

Back to the top

My Golf on Evilbay!

Dont like doing it but my MK1's on evilbay! :twisted:

Check out the Plug for the club :wink:

Wish me luck :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4558598453&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:UK:1

Come on people bid bid bid!

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Looks a nice car Kins.

Good luck

Back to the top
Cheers mate :wink:

Do you think the ad is ok?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
You could have taken the piccy of the car on the beach!

Nice honest description of the car Kins, good luck mate.

Back to the top
Yeah with some bikini clad super models drapped over the bonnet :lol:

PS what beach? :dontknow:  :lol:

Back to the top
I had planned a full restoration
[1]

The paintwork is a little tired
[2]

The car does polish up well though
[3]

KIns hope you don't think i am being !!
But if it was me i would not have put [1] makes the car seem like it needs a rebuild . [2]+[3] why not polish it and drop the comments a potential buyer will think  it needs a repaint and or needs a good polish and be put off . Also although good for the site putting the web page address may loose you a buyer because if it was me i would click on it and find loads of other cars for sale and not buy yours . Would look tons better with a full interior and exterior valet and pictures that flash on the number plate !  
So i would have an edit on the text and pictures and make your potential buying public Want it …….Badly…….Good luck…….  

Cheers ….

Back to the top
car looks good, have you found a replacement ? sometimes better the devil you know. be careful to get another good one might regret selling… anyway on a happy note good look hope you don't get any timewasters.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
why sell it? looks smart. best colour, full ticket.... i know it isnt standard but your car lowered with some nice wheels on would look spot-on (not being a chav there) look at zaks mk1 on here.

Back to the top
Chudd thanks for the pointers.

[1] I'm giving my a honest reason why i'm selling. I would rebuild her if i had a garage but I see where you're coming from

[2]+[3] The paintwork is tired and the buyer will pick up on this when he/she views no point hiding obvious stuff like that

I dont mind showing the reg plate, if someones prepared to dvla search the car then let em. Whats the point blanking it. People can see it parked on the street. If it was more of a desireable car then I would.

mk1jim Not found a replacement yet. There must be a mint late series 2 or campaign in black out there looking for a new owner. :wink:

tomo320 You're right black is the best colour! i've a set of brand new ronal turbos waiting to go on my new golf. Zaks is gorgeous but his is blue like the mims very retro 8)

Back to the top
its already in the old 'watch list' where the devil are you located?

Back to the top
i know where theres a clean, black 1800, ring mike smith on 07968 448218, worth a try,
cheers,
paul

Back to the top
Hi Kins think the ads good , bought my girlfriends scirocco off ebay the guys ad was honest ,just like yours . As you say the buyer will pick up on things so you might as well be truthful it goes a long way. Good luck and lets hope you avoid the timewasters.

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Well went to Harewood house for the VW festival. A guy that spotted her on Perfarmance VW classifieds met me there, paid me cash and drove her away. Sold 8O

That was a little faster than I expected!

I'm MK1'less boo hoo hoo :cry:

Back to the top
well done, much better than leaving it for the sharks on evilbay……its ruinned cars sales as everyone wants a mint or special car for peanuts or every seller wants a fortune - can't win either way and the good'ol free ads (yellow paper) don't have as many cars now :?

Back to the top
It looked like a very nice example! Kind of GTI I'd buy if I had some spare money.  :wink: Glad you got a quick sale anyway. Just out of interest what kind of tyres did you have on those nine spokes?
Cheers!  :D

Back to the top
Black round ones made from rubber…… :lol:

Not sure  just what I could get hold of at the time…. think they began with P… not perilli….. not that well known…… :dontknow:

Back to the top
Hmmm, they just looked to be a lower profile than the ones on mine. Never mind!  8)

Back to the top
They look a bit wider as well. Could be 185/60/13, seen these on 9spokes before. Slightly wider with a lower profile. Think the gap between the tyre and arch can look too big unless the car is lowered a bit.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
if its a 185/60 then it means the tyre is thicker, not lower profile.  sorry to say

Back to the top

Mr_GTI said

well done, much better than leaving it for the sharks on evilbay……its ruinned cars sales as everyone wants a mint or special car for peanuts or every seller wants a fortune - can't win either way and the good'ol free ads (yellow paper) don't have as many cars now :?

I have found the opposite, True there is some serious overpriced tat on there and the word "rare" gets banded about far to much :roll: ..BUT I have had some succes with buying and selling cars as it is a cheap and if used properly, an easy way to get your car viewed by thousands country wide and view a car without trekking miles to find its not as described over the phone.Also it does not cost as much as the trade mags.
 I sold my 1600 Gti with the starting bid at what I wanted for it so no messing with reserves. First bid buys it and anyone else just adds to my growing profit. No tyre kickers, no bidding you down or potential time wasters, in a job like mine I cant have the phone ringing and people out to view all day long. As for bargains how about the 1500 gls with chrome bumpers my mate just bought for ?50..(jammy gti)

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.