Skip navigation

Whats the age difference between you and your car?

Back to the top

Whats the age difference between you and your car?

fair enough, there's a couple of Mk1's in the classified's of Performance VW this month (if you ain't already seen them)

can't remember what they're like or what price though…

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
+14 for both golf & 'rocco ( +17 for the volvo ) & +22 for the CBR ( which is now legal)

If Its Loud and Noisy , I'll take its picture

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

fair enough, there's a couple of Mk1's in the classified's of Performance VW this month (if you ain't already seen them)

can't remember what they're like or what price though…

Cheers mate I'll have a looksie :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Nothing :cry:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
+13 for my Mk1 and +30 for my Audi and Passat!  8O

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
+6 years for me.
Jjl.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
Well I'm 24, and my golf is 22 in december so I make it I'm 1 yr 9 months older :D

My first MK1 however was the same age as me almost to the day!!

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
try this kins,

www.edition38.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=10207

Darren.

Back to the top
kins, are you after a standard car for that money?
Jjl.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top

lakesk8 said

kins, are you after a standard car for that money?
Jjl.

Yes ideally! It has to be a tin top GTI. I prefere series 2's. Any colour but green :mrgreen: .

I'ld like a campaign……………I actually prefere the look of single lamps though:?

It must have very tidy paintwork and interior. Good standard paint or a quality respray. I would consider a car with reversable mods / tastefull mods.

Cheers :wink:

Back to the top
My cars 3 years older than me :oops:  :lol:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
my golf was registered in Jan '83 and i was born in June 84 (just turned 21)  8)  so i make that 1 year and 6 months older than me.
i always find it weird saying my car is older than me!

Steve

Back to the top
-11 for me . Maths never was my strong point car born in 83 me born in 72 , Feel an old git now , Could my prize be 200 cod liver oil tablets .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Geezer you're +11

- is when you are younger than the car.

And yes you are old :lol:

Back to the top
i was born in 81 my car 82

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
I was manufactured in 1974,my GX is an 83,my citigolfs are both 1994's
and im losing a bit of hair :cry:
Lee

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Do I get the prize then for being the saddest oldest most frustrated (with the car that is) git????????

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
:oops:  +20

Back to the top
+18 for me but here's a point.
When you just pass your test usually at the age of 17 - 18 there is a car that you would love to have and cant afford because its new and mine was the mk1 golf gti  8) . So for somebody like kins (for example) it would be a citroen saxo vts :(  with a badboy body kit, 4 exhaust pipes and neons :lol:.
See the 80's was cool for something  8)

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

Dj Ev said

+18 for me but here's a point.
When you just pass your test usually at the age of 17 - 18 there is a car that you would love to have and cant afford because its new and mine was the mk1 golf gti  8) . So for somebody like kins (for example) it would be a citroen saxo vts :(  with a badboy body kit, 4 exhaust pipes and neons :lol:.
See the 80's was cool for something  8)

No way Dj Ev I would rather have wasps shoved up my a$$ French cars are naff

Ever since I was I knew what cars were I've wanted a Lamborghini Countach 8)  I will have one in my garage one day!

When I was 17 hmmm I wanted a MK1 GTI!

At the moment  I fancy a Porsche Cayman maybe in a few years. :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.