Skip navigation

Turbo Tecnics on ebay!

Back to the top

Turbo Tecnics on ebay!

mark83 said

turbtechnics how long have you had your mk1tt.I looked at a red mk1tt about 10years ago it was red like yours if i remember it was at a garage in exeter swains i think.I was put off it had glass roof  even though price was good .  mark

DA DA - but more than 10 years ago if its the same car Mark. But yes mine came from "Swains Family car Centre" in Exeter. And you think the price was good when you looked at it - you wouldn't believe what they took for it  :lol:

And put off by the Glass sunroof .. .come on - its a TT converted car - bugger the fact it has a glass roof jobby.

Should have snapped it up mate when you had the chance  :wink: I haven;t regretted doing it, although I do miss the metal sunny in my original 1.6 GTI  :cry: but hey small price to pay for a rare car imo, but I've had mine for more than 10 years so they might have had two !!!??!

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
I think it was longer than 10 years ago as i have had my mk1 10 years and i had a 1600 before that.If i remember it had pirelli alloys
    If i had bought it think of all the fun you would have missed out on.look forward to seeing it some time

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top

mark83 said

If i remember it had pirelli alloys . If i had bought it think of all the fun you would have missed out on.look forward to seeing it some time

Yep, came with  P's on it - set includig a spare which was nice - Still got the P's - now at the bottom of my garden since the parents have sold their house and decided it was time to give me all my stuff that was filling their garage  :banghead: - Parents eh !!!

Yep, she does come out when its nice nowadays so you should see me at some point in it  :wink:

Back to the top
so stop chatting on here when you could of been at the meet, tut tut,

Hope to see you and the car next month, i have spent 4-5k in the last year on mine and i drove it , so were not taking no for an answer,

Darren. :D

Back to the top
Just to say I'm going to have a look at the turbo technics next weekend! :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

Just to say I'm going to have a look at the turbo technics next weekend! :wink:

GOOD MAN !!!! Make sur e it has the TT Plate on it Kins as this has a serial number on it for the conversion.

If you want any info on them mate, dorp me a line and I'll ping you soem stuff across  :wink:

Back to the top
Cheers dude. I've been swatting up on your website :wink:
If I've any questions I'll give you a buzz.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
still no bids, might be in luck Kins if you get there and check it out quick!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Had a look at it yesterday. Not impressed to be honest :cry:  .

For a start it doesn't run. It had been raced and now refuses to run. He says he will have this fixed. He wants at least ?3k for it :?  Its had a cheapo respray in bmw artic silver, (I dont even think they removed the arches 8O ) rust bubbles at the rear of the roof, real untidy engine bay, lowered, interior ok but not mint, naff stereo and speakers in the parcel shelf. Overall it just said keep away….

If I wanted a car to tidy up I would offer him ?2500. I dont. I know its a rare car but I would rather spend the same and get a tidy standard car.

I'm going to shop about  for a mint gti maybe campaign. :D

Guess I'll have to keep looking… wortha try.

Back to the top
thats a shame m8, i thought that it would have made quite a nice car. As usual some boy racer has added extras you just dont want and you cant remove them without leaving a big hole or mess :banghead:

Back to the top

kins said

Had a look at it yesterday. Not impressed to be honest :cry:  .

For a start it doesn't run. It had been raced and now refuses to run. He says he will have this fixed.

real untidy engine bay,

Guess I'll have to keep looking… wortha try.

Bad Vibes Kins - if you hadn;t have looked you would have been gutte dif it was  a tidy one.

So it doesn't run - wonder if its gone low compression !!  :lol:  :lol:

Unitdy Engine Bay -  :lol:  all TT's  look untidy when they have no chrome on the metal pipes - they go all rusty and crappy  :lol:

Keep looking mate - you never know what might turn up  :wink:

If I hear of any worth looking at I'l lgive you a shout if you like  :wink:

Back to the top
Sounds like best avoided at that price, Kins - ?300 for car that won't start :| . Makes you think when you see e-bay adverts stating 're-listed due to time waster', who's the time waster - the buyer or the seller?

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
I think you guys are right for ?3000 I would expect a very tidy MK1. If you see any please point the way :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.