Skip navigation

Turbo Tecnics on ebay!

Back to the top

Turbo Tecnics on ebay!

well the user name may be unavailable but one of the cars is…!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9873&item=4554300070&rd=1

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
:drool: oh it's just not fair!… even if I could sell the zetec-s AND get permission from the almighty one, the auction would end before I could bid or it would go for too much  :cry:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Wonder what the reserve is?

Looks ok - but those colour coded arches look awful… :roll:

Back to the top
and of course the first thing that would have to go is the dump valve!

Back to the top

PhillTMK1GTI said

and of course the first thing that would have to go is the dump valve!

NO!!! You need a dump valve to keep the turbo spinning! Maybe use a quiet one if it is too loud like most of the modified jap-crap things around!

Back to the top
and my Turbo knowledge shines through  :oops:

more of a recirculating (spelling !?!?!) job then  :wink:

Back to the top
Phil find your self a pre 82 saab 900/99 turbo , swipe everything and then all you need is some manifolds a downpipe and some thing to reduce the comp ratio .Why a saab cause they use k Jet injection , i would use a smaller turbo though as the lag on these early turbos is huge . My 99 turbo wouldent pull the skin off a rice pudding below 3000 rpm and above that it feels like youve been rear ended by concorde , 1st gear was a waste of time , great fun though .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Cool! but damn at the same time, my mate had his crushed about a month ago! could have swipped all that from it!

I might just keep my eye's open for one though  :wink:

Back to the top
Nice :drool: Is there really only 4 in the UK?

The colour coding is minging and I am not sure about the rear spoiler, eybrow spoiler, lack of grille surround…..

……The engine bay could be cleaner for such a rare car. And where is the side stripe, respray? Is that a red bull can fuel filter :lol: Ok I'm done nit picking :lol:

I wounder what the interior is like?

Might be worth a look.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Nothing that couldn't be sorted out though  :wink:

get it back to completely original… job done! could be sorted in a week then you've got a very rare car!

Back to the top
*COUGH**cough* - you Guys do know of another one in the UK  :)

Wonder if he means that there are only 4 1.6 GTI TT's in the UK. I know of three possibly original MK1 1.8TT's including mine so this car would bring it to 4.

PhilMK1GTI - you didn't let a mate bin a Turbo Technics MK1 did really ??? I would have had it form him, always on the look out for spares and "extra" bits for the old girl !!!

Might just keep an eye on this one to see how much it goes for  :wink:  :wink:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
No TurbTechnics, sorry, he crashed a Saab Turbo, I would have actually brought a gun and shot him if he crushed a Mk1!!  just would have taken the turbo etc. off it if I had known I could fit it!

let's hope this one goes to a good home as well!

Back to the top
pheewwwwww - Had me sweating for the minute there !!!!!

SAAB Turbo 99 metering heads are good for the TT converted cars. Helps sort the fueling out whihc is a bit of a nightmare.

Back to the top
:lol: Sorry mate, should have been clearer on my post!

I would love to own one but I just don't see it happening  :cry:

Back to the top
you'd kill me if i told you what i paid for mine  :wink:

but you never know - you might be the lucky guy who happens across a barn one day and under the blanket sits a mint 10k mk1 gti campaign with TT conversion. You ask the woner if its fo rSale and the response is "Well i had though of selling it as its such an old car, is ?200 too much"  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

And No - that isn;t how I came across mine - wlthough I wish  I could or had !!!  :lol:

Back to the top
I'm guessing you paid very little considering what you have  :wink:

fair play though mate! i do find myself keeping an eye out for Mk1's sitting in drives etc looking sorry for themselves!  one day I might find one… until then I'll stick to the idea of my second Mk1 G60 conversion (once I've finished my first  :lol: )

Back to the top
I would not mind that but with any rapid Golf, Stealth is more fun..(not with those arches) :lol:
I have bought 3 "barn finds and never had a minter..as the tin worm loves a car that has sat (see my latest car for a pic of what ten years under a sheet gets you.. :cry: )

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top

The_Chef said

I have bought 3 "barn finds and never had a minter..as the tin worm loves a car that has sat (see my latest car for a pic of what ten years under a sheet gets you.. :cry: )

Uh oh…………… so the car ain;t safe in the Garage when its wet then ?!?!? But  I just CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO GET IT OUT IN THE WET  :banghead:  :banghead:

I really hope the person that bags this is into MK1 Golf's and isn;t a little oik who wraps it after a month of ownership.

Back to the top
turbtechnics how long have you had your mk1tt.I looked at a red mk1tt about 10years ago it was red like yours if i remember it was at a garage in exeter swains i think.I was put off it had glass roof  even though price was good .I may see you at south west meet tomorrow  
                                     mark

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
Mines up for sale! 8O

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.