Skip navigation

Wheel Arch trim from VW

Back to the top

Wheel Arch trim from VW

Well, While at VW yesterday getting yet another list of bit's and bobs ordered up… thought I'd ask about the wheel arch trim!

?24.59 Each  8O

in comparison GSF do the whole set (if they still have them in stock) for approx. ?19.75 plus VAT but you do get what you pay for!

just thought I'd let ya know  :wink:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
GSF are not OEM (Original Equipment) but not bad

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
also, as I'm having a bad day I thought I'd check the GSF price..

Looks like I'm a total monkey, it's ?38 for the set (where on this earth did I get ?19.75 from)

i'll just find that dark hole and hide now i think  :banghead:

Back to the top
Rich - what are the visual differences between the VAG and GSF ones? Seen them with rough and smooth surfaces.

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
plastic is harder, and its a bit more bumpy - got some in the garage if anyone wants a piccie posted  :)

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
THEY ARNT TOO BAD, JUST CHECK THEM OVER FISRT WITH  THINGS LIKE THAT.

DARREN :wink:

Back to the top
As of a couple of months ago GSF havent got them in stock in the uk, can't get any more from their supplier, and probably wont . . .

I got my set from Mr.Quiff !
Although i'm not fitting them until i get some wider/spaced rims on . . .

Back to the top
might be another part for someone to get fabricated soon!

They're on the top of the list of parts i need once it's on the road, which won't be too long now  :wink:

Back to the top
Phil
     that is actually a worry as i wanted a set ! and was going to use GSF who have none and will never have any again so the search begins and that mean's 2nd hand one's go up in value - Ebay on to a winner i wonder ?

cheers ….

Back to the top
try ecp, i bought a set off them recently i think they were about 30 + the dreaded

Back to the top
Just have alexh only 3 left and no near side rear , no new stock expected in the future . Rang GSF ordered front GTI spoiler left and right and some bumpers to collect next week after this current stock has gone they will order no more ! Thats what the man said , slow items are going to be non stock items .. Its a business and i suppose Mk1 items are taking up a lot of shelf space better occupied by fast selling items .

Better start buying all the bits i need now before they become too expensive .

Back to the top
Looks like a trip to GSF tomorrow lunch then and get what I can ordered up to!

better to drain the new stock first before sourcing 2nd hand!

Typical though, just as I get stuck into the mk1 golf all the parts are getting harder to get  :banghead:

Back to the top
Phil these still have some sets

http://www.bigboystoys-uk.com/

?26.45 GBP deliverd to my door so i have done the deed and ordered i let you no what happens  …….

Back to the top
Ah cheers Chudd, just got your email to!

let me know what they're like and I'll order them up if they're any good, prices are pretty good to! :y:

Back to the top
or gpc they sell them, but my mate bought some gfs two weeks ago, so i will ring them in the morning to find out.

Back to the top
Rang gfs and they are on back order,

But gpc 01582728892 have them in stock,

VAG ones are ?94 inc vat a set

NON ones are ?25 +vat a set

hope this helps

Darren

Back to the top
I have an enquiry out with my contacts to see what he can do on genuine VAG items.  :wink:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
Arch trims on back order from "Bigboystoys" so i am still waiting .
If you find a new set cheap buy it if they are obsolete should make a good price on Ebay .

Back to the top
Would be too sure chudd, just won a set on ebay for ?20  8O

lets hope they are fairly good!

will probably be looking for another set though in the very near future though  :wink:

Back to the top
Just wondering (because I'm soooo bored at work and want to be working on the car! ok, ok.. chilling out by a beach!!) If I could get away with using gripfill to 'stick' the plastic trims on?

what has everybody else done? screwed them back in? don't like that idea as that's why the rear arches are always shot and want mine to last

would like to be able to get them back off at some point without taking the paint off or breaking the plastic

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.