Skip navigation

Tyre slashers?!

Back to the top

Tyre slashers?!

I got to my car this morning only to find some little git (I have much harsher words not appropriate for this forum) slashed both nearside tyres! :cry:

Why why why? :evil:

I called the RAC and they took me to quickfit…. they did not stock 185 60 r13 so the recovery guy took me to some little backstreet effort that had some.

I was 3 hours late for work :|

Sympathy needed :cry:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
I would like to swear on your behalf also! I just don't get what 'pleasure' the little toe-rags get out of it?

Had the centre caps knicked of my beemer recently but at least I could still drive it. Still winds me up tho! :evil:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
That's poor  :twisted: .  I just don't understand - I'd get knicking the wheel but just slashing the tyres.

Sympathy goes out to you man  :tlc:

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
The youth of today eh!  :evil:

Back to the top
:tlc:  :tlc:  :tlc:  :tlc:  :tlc:  :tlc:

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
Bloke at the local tyre fitters told me a story about a guy who had come in for 4 new tyres on his car after this happened to him. A week later the guy had his alloys nicked off his car. Police said they'd seen it before. Not only did the thief want the alloys for free, they also wanted a new set of tyres to go with them.
Be careful this isn't what's happening to you (!)

Back to the top
I blame the parents. You can just see em the soap dodgin, work shy **** *****. When something like this happens you really hope you could catch the criminal but it mite of end up worse. Imagine if you had caught him?
I caught a bloke once tryin to break into my house last year. Only hit him once and his head banged on the floor. Luckily my neighbours a fireman and put him in recovery position till ambulance came. He was out for 15 mins it was horrible thinkin what I'd done to this bloke even though he deserved it.
 Make sure you have some good lockin wheel nuts on to put em off then hopefullythey wont bother. *******'s :tlc:

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Really sorry to hear bout ur tyres…

my dad recently had his tyres slashed- along with about 20 other cars in his village!! Turns out the village idiot had been drinking and decided to  go and slash his ex's tyres. He then realised people would work out it was him, so decided to do some more so it looked like a random attack! This may hav worked if he hadn't done a trail of slashed tyres all the way back to his house  :roll:

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
scum of the earth…… I used to run a motor shop in leicester and can remember one sunday a very upset bloke come running into the shop asking if we had sold or had stolen any hammers that weekend after asking why he told me some had smashed every panel on his lotus esprit that morning after seeing the car i was speechless and the only thing you can think is why?? it totally mindless  :dontknow:

Back to the top
They are evil that sucks!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Not tring to emply anything but are you sure that you have not upset someone. Where I live stuff like that is always happening.  My brother had his tyres slashed got them fixed the same day then the next day same thing happened.
Anyway it had happened to some of his mates too. They found out who it was and went to sort the guy out. They found him in his car taken a drug overdose. He had decided to get everyone who buged him back before he did the deed. He went to a mental institute after that.

Also another mate bought a new polo. A week later someone paint strippered every panel on it including the wing mirrors. People should mess with you not your car if they have a problem. I would not be reponsable for my actions if I caught someone messing with my cars.

Back to the top
The world can be a horrible place, You've got to try real hard not to let this stuff happen, what kate said makes sense, about upsetting people.  I've had my Golf spray painted in the night and I have my wits about me who I think did it. Just jealous scum bags with no self control.

The way I see it: Some people make and take, where as unfortunately some just take.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
:cry:  I feel sorry for you too mate…motoring's expensive enough without vandalism damage to worry about!  :banghead:
There's A LOT to be said for having a garage…you can sleep easy knowing the ***** can't get to it. I don't have one yet, but when I move house it'll be first on my 'must have' list! Sod the state of the house! :wink:

Back to the top
I don't want to put a downer on the thread but….

I'm sure everyone remembers the couple who were dropping off at Liverpool airport prior to going on holiday about a year ago? The scum got into the car and began to drive away in the Volvo. Owner tried to stop the theft and went under the car.

DIED.
Just remember…it IS only a car and the price can be much higher, tempting as it is. The family lived about 9 houses up from my parents so I have seen it up close and personal….VERY upsetting.

Sorry, Dan :oops:

Back to the top
Thanks for all the sympathy guys much appreciated! :D
Thing is I need to fork out again for some more tyres for my Ronal Turbos when I finish the resto.

I know what you mean Dano it's only a car! See we can say that but MK1's are more than a cars……. there well, erm, MK1's the most loveable money eating cars on the planet!

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

but MK1's are more than a cars……. there well, erm, MK1's the most loveable money eating cars on the planet!

Agree with you there  :wink:

Sorry to hear some inbred took some bordom out on your car mate, in retrospect though, better a tyre than a panel!…. well, better nothing at all but it's an evil world  :banghead:

Definately get some locking wheel nuts for the Ronal's though!

have you lowered your's Kins? because i've seen some pics of Mk1's on Ronal turbo's without lowering and it doesn't do the car justice IMO!

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Locking wheelnuts for sure!

I've not seen them on standard set up. Does it look pants? Got any pics. Coilovers is next on my list but the engine conversions drained my finance this month :cry: .

I am ummming and arghing about fitting stretched rubber as it looks ace but then there?s the performance and practicality sides of it, not sure……. :dontknow:

Opinions please….. :D

Back to the top
I'm pretty sure the 2 shown on ebay here are standard hight

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…7488&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

IMO they are sitting far too high, others may like it that high though!

In all honesty I fitted 17's on my Fiesta after being told on the owners club only slight modification of the drivers rear arch was needed…. but it seems they rub all over the place destroying the whole driving experience, If I were you I'd get low profile but wouldn't get them stretched if it effects how you can drive it.. just my penny's worth anyway

Back to the top
I think all those have been lowered Phil

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Oh I see.. must be because they are 15's that make them look so high (that and i'm not very good!)  :lol:

was going to get a set of Ronal's myself but if they've been lowered I might stick with smaller

Back to the top
They don't look to sad do they? 8)
Does not look that much lower than standard 40mm drop I think :dontknow:

Cant wait to get them on. What tyre size do you think?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.