Skip navigation

Update again - 31/05/05

Back to the top

Update again - 31/05/05

Welding wise I've got a piece to set in the usual wheel well area and the near side inner sill needs attention. Hopefully thats all fingers crossed .

I'm spraying it myself; my dads got all the gear so I'll be taking advantage of that.  

Its the 2nd time round for me as I have repsrayed my first car (1.3 C special MK2  )

I've been saving up all my holiday from work which leaves me with 24 days including weekends. I think if I work solidly on it I might get finished.  

As long as I get it sprayed the engine in and get her through the MOT I'll be happy. The tidying up can be done at my leisure. That?s the plan anyway

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
And i hope you will keep us entertained with a photographic record of the 24 days Kins ? If you have time of course !!

Cheers Chudd….

Back to the top
well good luck with it mate, hope it all goes well and want to see lots of pictures of your progress!  :wink:

can't touch mine this weekend  :cry: but hope to get it through the MOT next month

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Yep I'll keep you updated at the end of each day hows about that!

"Kins's MK1 Marathon LIVE!"

Day one in Kins's garage……..

Miles better than big brother what do ya think? :lol:

Keep your eyes peeled in resto

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
sounds like a good idea! will check daily (not that i don't anyway :? )

Back to the top
And tonight on the kins show..... :lol:

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Really sorry guys but the resto is officially off! :cry:
The garage I was supposed to be renting for my resto is now not available!  :cry: This has caused me a big problem and left me stranded… no garage…. no resto!

I'm not prepared to pay someone to do the work I wanted to do…… no fun…. and too expensive! I could save my self the hassle and go out and buy one in top condition.
I'm going to sell her for what she is…. an origianal, standard, umolestered MK1 that needs love to get her to the mint condition I desire.

So I've decided to sell her as she is. Please see my ad in For sale.

The Quest for a High quality MK1 begins……..
Please point me in the right direction  :wink:

Back to the top
Crazy's still got a stunner unless it's gone now?

Sorry to hear you can't get stuck in with the resto!!

I've asked how much your after in the for sale section

haven't touched mine this weekend as I've been in Devon! I've got withdrawal symtom's  :oops:

Back to the top
Yeah - still got mine cos I havn't put the final touches to it yet!!!!!!!

Must do it this week.

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Hi I'm after about ?1200 for it but I'm open to offers.

I'll have to take her of the market just for the minute………….

……..untill I fix the gearbox. I blew up 5th on the way back from the nw cgti meet today! 8O  Why do these things happen when I decided to sell? I'm having sod all luck at the moment! :cry: So my low millage box and a new clutch will have to be donated!

Crazys campaign is probably out of my price range. I think I will be looking at one between ?2500 and ?3000 (3 is really stretching it for me being a poor sttudent and all :boohoo: ). . Should be able to get a decent one for that. Please keep your eyes pealed for me :wink:

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Yeah - still got mine cos I havn't put the final touches to it yet!!!!!!!

Must do it this week.

tut tut  :wink: your just attatched to it really

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.