Skip navigation

story of my GTI ;) ...

Back to the top

story of my GTI ;) ...

I want to show you couple photos of my white mk1 GTI `83 1.6 original mileage 218 000km……I bought it one month ago, from women who didn`t know what a super car she had :D….price was  ~ 400euro ;)…..car is in rader good condition, but you know….has a 22 years and isn`t ideal, I want to do from my gti a original version, but light tuned ;) becouse in golf will be sport suspension…..much lowered…80/80 ;) now I must buy all parts which are in GTI equipment…..

photos…..

gti….

with my second car ;)

it`s me with my machine :D

and something worse……first works in cars…..a little rost :(
(front left)

(rear right)

(front right)

others…..

sorry for my english ;) but I`m learning a lot :D

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Good luck with your restoration !  It looks like you have some nice alloy wheels waiting to be fitted in one of the photos. Are you in Poland ?  I was in Poznan just a couple of weeks ago (work). Didn't see any modified cars, but saw quite a few VW's …….
All the best,
Mark

Back to the top
no I don`t fit these alloys….becouse they are 15"….. I want 14"…..especialy PIERELLI alloys ;)
I come from poland……it`s strange what you say, becouse poznan is city where are a lot modified cars  :dontknow: this town is something like capital city of tuning  :lol:

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Good to hear from you - and keep us updated with pictures! :D

Back to the top
Thats a late 1.6 GTI, thought they were superseded by the 1.8 in 1982?  Are you planning to stick with the 1.6 engine for light tuning? I'm planning the same with my 1981 1.6 (also white), once I have welded up all the holes :lol: . Be interested to hear how it all goes - good luck.

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
Hello!

It looks like you have some work ahead of you!
Is it easy to get parts for the Mk1 out in Poland?

Good luck with the car and welcome to the forum!
AL.

Back to the top
thanks for comments ;)

markwon……you right….but my version is original 1.6 engine gt from `83 i…..I don`t know why….but it`s true  :dontknow: maybe it was mistake of VW   :lol:
I keep engine serial……from light tuning only will be sport suspension, front lights with black crosess, black front indicators and I think black rear lights…..ofcourse not sprayed…..but original black products ;) in engine I only want to fit cone air filter by K&N ;) becouse sound with cone filter in gti is amazing  8O

AL_Mk1…..in poland used parts for mk1 are rader rare….. :roll: especially for GTI or oder special mk1  :? I can buy a lot of new parts…..with no problems…. for example GTI/GX/Formel E front spoiler costs 25euro  8)

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Nice one micab
                      good luck with the welding will you MIG weld ? I have just spent months welding mine , your car seems in much better condition , i take it they don't salt the roads in Poland ?

Cheers …………….

Back to the top
yes MIG ;)

in poland they salt roads a lot  :(

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
new photos……I bought black rear lamps for 6,50 euro :D in my opinion it looks cool……;)

before:

after:

and with my second GTI ;) :

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Yes nice lights , it suits your white Golf . What will you do with the Black one ? Looks to good to scrap ?  

Cheers…………

Back to the top
I bought the black one only for parts, becouse I paid only 100euro, engine is very good, but everything else is in very bad condition, I have no documents fot it…..
In black GTI are also original seats which after little renovation will fit in my white golf ;)

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
today I fitted original rear spoiler from KAMEI…..;)

photos:

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
I like that spoiler alot! Im having trouble finding one over here!

Back to the top
in poland kamei spoiler is also rader rare….this one costed only 10euro…..I think it was good price ;)
man who sold me kamei, also has ZENDER (3pieces) rear spoiler, but in my opinion kamei is better ;)

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
new parts for GTI ;)

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Nice looking collection of new parts there, micab. Hows the restoration going? Didn't you say you know the other guy from Poland who posts on here (think he posts as vwman?), restoring a GX. He hasn't posted for a while, do know how he's doing with is restoration?

Cheers

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
my restoration is going slow…..now I must collect all parts then I can start works with body of car….  :roll:

I don`t now why vwman doesn`t write  :dontknow: but I think that he has a lot of work now, lack of time  :wink:

vw golf GTI `83

vw golf GTI `82

vw golf GTI EDITION `94

mercedes w115 200d `75

Back to the top
Congratulations!!!!!!

This white VW will be a good example of a greath job!!!!

Go ahead with your proyect.

Cheers,

Robin

Mein VW-Golf GTI Mk1 Seite:

Wellcome Zur GTI Seite - gti time

Back to the top
Robin - I'm liking your avatar  :lmao:

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.