Skip navigation

1.8 GTI vs 1.6 Saxo

Back to the top

1.8 GTI vs 1.6 Saxo

I don't know about the mark one beating the saxo, but on the motorway I've had any number of saxos/corsas bug me from behind when I,m caught in traffic in my mark two 16v only to disappear like ants in the distance when the traffic clears. Even the mark two is nearly 15 years old now so, like you say, lets see what citroen/vauxhall had then. The VWs remain unsurpassed at the time.  :wink:

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
There's been a red/ primer corsa parked down my road for the best part of the week with a sign on saying "do not fine, clutch broken"

Had a couple of tickets on!

Anyway passed it last night and the owner was next to it stressing. Someone had nicked the crystal light clusters, rear shelf and speakers and the bl@@dy sunroof.

That'll teach him to spend money on stupid lights before fixing the clutch.

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
Vauxhall did have the Astra GTE in the 80's :roll: . In MK2 16v form it was a dangerously fast car when you consider the bad brakes and poor handling  :lol: Most have rusted away by now though I think. Clearly no match for the Golf.

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
There was a MK1 GTE near my office the other day, black one and immaculate! (Couldn't be original!!) Have to say though it did look nice - just not as nice as an immaculate MK1 Golf gti! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
ive been and posted of the mk1 astra site its just like this one and the lads and lass on there are great! there just like us about mk1 gtes i real bunch of nutters like us lolol  :lol:

Back to the top
saxos vs golfs last time i drove my car all i could see in my rear view mirror was an impreza and a rs t***o making a feeble attemp at keeping up i could not even see any saxos all my mates want me to sell the golf and get a saxo but im thinking NOT!!!!!!!

A VW Golf leak oil dont be silly it's just marking its territory!!!

Back to the top

badbub said

saxos vs golfs last time i drove my car all i could see in my rear view mirror was an impreza and a rs t***o making a feeble attemp at keeping up i could not even see any saxos all my mates want me to sell the golf and get a saxo but im thinking NOT!!!!!!!

Sell the Golf for a Saxo - are they mad! Get em locked up!! :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

vts

Don't mean to worry your friend but three of my friends had saxo vts's and another two had vtr's, several had gearbox snchromesh problems and one of those had a new speedo also all in the first year! Utter rubbish! Fast, pretty but cheap and nasty! 0-60 is irrelivant, it's about class!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.