Skip navigation

North West

Back to the top

North West

Alright dano you've just been spotted driving through lostock hall!! i was driving my mums polo 8)  i was at the lights and you were turning left by the pub (off layland road) i was gonna beep but you wudnt of  known who the **** i was  :lol:

nice day for the top down  :lol:  :lol:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Missed the Polo …. and did you notice that I missed the 'red' as well!!

I've just got back from paint ball at nr Southport.

Any preferences on the meet location or venue??

Dan

Back to the top
meet anywhere EXCEPT macdonalds and halfords car park!!! im smack bang in the middle of preston and blackpool... but wouldnt mind going further afield to get away from the place! anyone thought of a mini road trip up to the lakes or something?

Back to the top
I didn't get to the Wiggin Tree, Parbold at weekend..too busy getting plaster with paint so i'll try tomorrow (Thursday) if I have time.

The pub looks like it is in the middle for about all NW drivers.

Dan

Road trips after that eh?

Back to the top
I managed to get to The Wiggin Tree, Parbold today and spoke with the assistant manager re a possible meeting location. The result was VERY POSITIVE and we are welcome to use their facilities. The only times that we wouldn't be welcome would be Friday evening through to Sunday evening as the place is very popular at weekends with the general public.

The pub has a large (larger than I remember as a kid) car park and an area at the bottom where we can tuck ourseleves away if we don't want all and sundry walking around us. As I posted earlier, the pub does Brewers Fayre food.

All we need to do now is determine if this is a suitable location for most people and agree on an evening in the week (Sabaru owners have each Wednesday, their big night being the last Wednesday in the month). I would say a Thursday would be good as it would almost feel like the weekend!!

Lets have some views on this please asap and then I can ring the pub back and let them know.

Cheers, Dan

Back to the top

The wiggin tree!

First of all Dano..I would like to thank you for your effort and in support of this (providing I'm not working) I will certainly make the effort and come along providing somebody can give me directions or a map of some kind! I'm sure I could get a map off the internet somehow but I'm still not computer literate! Cheers fella!!….Walt!

Back to the top
dano this sounds great! Altho im not sure where the pub is im sure i'll find out easy enough on the tinternet. Dont know what everyone else thinks but thursday sounds good to me. Although wednesday would break the week up nicely but oh well…

Another good thing is now that summers here we could get some good shots of the NorthWest Mk1s  :mrgreen:  and i've seen some good locations about preston which would look good on my desktop….  8)

Dunno if mine will be ready for the first meet tho, anyone know any dodgy MOT'ers???  :lol:  :lol:

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top
Im up for it  - anyone wanting directions - its a piece of cake from M6 J27.

JUst follow the signs for Parbold (Ormskirk/Soulthport)

You will pass Writington Hospital on the left, Just stay on the main road, you will then start to climb a big hill (Parbold Hill)

Wiggin Tree is right at the top of the hill on the right hand side

Hope to see you all (and your cars) soon

Chris

Back to the top

Parbold hill!

Ok guys…Thursday 5 may (1st thursday of the month) At Dano's location on Parbold hill!! 7pm ish…….Who's up for it?…..If not…..Why not…..We can talk about this forever….Summer's coming boy's! Just post a YES on this topic to give an idea of turnout! Cheers….Walt!

Back to the top
YEEEEEEESSSSS

Back to the top
I was going to suggest the 12th May for a very good reason…I'm off that day and will definately be able to attend otherwise I may get stuck at work due to 'unforseen circumstances'….I will explain via pm's if you really want to know!!

Any chance of a 'fixed date' being given just for me…pleeeese!

Ta…in advance!

Dan

Back to the top

NW meet!

I origionally suggested the date of the 5th of may, perhaps this is a little short notice, so to give people a little more time to arrange their schedules to fit, shall we say the following thursday (thursday 12th may) at 7ish at the location suggested by Dano previosly? (parbold hill) If we can just get together all this will be much easier to sort out for next time!! Sorry for any inconvenience...Please stick with it!....Once again a yes post to let give us an idea of turnout! Cheers....Walt!

Back to the top

Back to the top
I should be there, I'll just have to beg someone too swap shifts. 12th may it is by the looks

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Fine by me

Back to the top
Would love to come down for the meet but I'm working :(

Please can you take some pics and post them?

If we can arrange a meet one weekend then I'll be there.

Oh i like the Idea about the rally to the lakes. Road trip! 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
i will be there... probably not in the mk1 (leaking oil by the bucket load at the moment) but i will get it ready for next time!!! any one coming from preston way want to meet up on the way to save me getting lost? cheers alex.

Back to the top

NW meet

Check out the new NW meet date on the Regional meets section of the forum! Cheers ..Walt!

Back to the top
Well the NW is defo showing the way with regards to meets in the club!

Keep up the spirit. :cheer:

Which is the general NW thread now, I'm confused :? ?

We should nominate Walt as NW regional co-ordinator
All in favour say "Aii"……….

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Ill second Walt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.