Skip navigation

Pirelli P Slot Alloys - Question

Back to the top

Pirelli P Slot Alloys - Question

Hello Golf Lovers!!

Can anyone tell me? I have some 15inch Pirelli P Slots with 12mm gaps between the P's are these mark 2 origonal or copies? How much do you think they're worth?

Many thanks you's

:D

Back to the top
Hi - If they are 15" then they're not originals. If they're the more readily found 14" (easiest way to tell is from the tyre size - will be something like 185 60 14), then they are probably std. Mk2 Gti alloys from the gap size you state. The Mk2 14" rims have 10mm gaps between the P's. The Mk1 14" Campaign alloys have 7mm gaps.

Price wise, the Mk2 14" (10mm gaps) aren't worth much. Prob about ?40-?50 a set. The Mk1 alloys are more like ?120-?150+ if complete with Pirelli scripted caps (particular to the Mk1 alloys). 15" P's are a lot rarer and go for around ?300 complete with caps. This is only a guide for 'std', unrefurbed wheels and I'm sure many will argue over the values. As a pro refurb can cost ?200, prices can vary a lot. For instance, someone may be happy to pay ?250 for a mint set of unrefurbed Mk1 P's as it's cheaper than ?120 for a grotty set plus ?200 for a refurb.

Cheers,

Mark

Back to the top
Rach, they're worth a LOT of money to the right person. I have a set of 15" ronal P's and wouldn't part with them for the earth. They're a lot more pleasing to the eye than the campaign 14". Sorry chaps, no offence.

Back to the top
I would estimate a value in excess of 500 pounds, I purchased 3 number 15" ronals for 350 pounds for 3 and one was badly buckled!

Back to the top
This is one of my 15" Ps

http://70.85.10.106/web1/c3b13_nu3.JPG

Back to the top
The other way to tell the 14 inchers apart is the following:

Mk1 Campaign P slots have a part number on the alloy under the centre cap that ends with a single "A".

Mk2 14 inch P slots have a part number in the same place, but it ends with a "AA".

The way I remember is Mk ONE ends with ONE "A".

Mk TWO ends with TWO "A" 's.

Sounds like you have the ultra rare Ronal copies though if they are 15 inchers.

Personally the 14 inch P slots have grown on me a lot, and I think they really suit the Mk1 - well proportioned for the overall size of the car and fill the wheel arches about right  :mrgreen:

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Ahhhhhh!! Excellent way to tell thank you! They have two A's on the part number. But I am sure the diameter is still 15inch SO I'm still confussed how much they are worth?
 :?

Back to the top
Not sure on the 15 inchers as I have never actually seen a set "in the flesh".

They sound like the very rare Ronals to me though if you are sure of the size. Maybe one of the guys with a set of the 15 inchers could post a piccy with more details of the part numbers or manufacturer stampings?

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
Here's the centre of one of my 15" Ronals. I think you have a set of 14" from a Mk2. If you're measuring the diameter across the wheel it will be close to 15" as (from memory) the stated size doesn't include the rim 'lips'

Back to the top
Well the inside of mine dont look that that last picture they only have a VW & Audi symbol inside NOT a Pirelli one.

I re-measured without lips and its only just under 15inch but then my tyres are 185-60 R14

SO looks like they're common and praps worth ?50 a set?

Back to the top

lhasa said

They're a lot more pleasing to the eye than the campaign 14". Sorry chaps, no offence.

None taken - I'd agree with you there lhasa

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
The wheels will measure 15 inch 'cause the tyres sit in the rim @1/2 inch each side. 1/2+1/2=1, 15-1=14. The size quoted is the tyre not the wheel.

Found out the hard way trying to buy some Passat wheel trims on evilbay :banghead:  :banghead:

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

The wheels will measure 15 inch 'cause the tyres sit in the rim @1/2 inch each side. 1/2+1/2=1, 15-1=14. The size quoted is the tyre not the wheel.

Found out the hard way trying to buy some Passat wheel trims on evilbay :banghead:  :banghead:

I'd never thought of that! Worth remembering!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
I was told that only 7 sets of 15" p Ronals exist in the entire world, I have 2 sets (well I did have until I buckled two).

What do you think?

Back to the top
rach

there you go see i told you these guys would collectively know everything ther is to know about everything.

good work geezers!

mark :D

Back to the top
rach

oh and another thing does this mean you r gonna get rid of your grandads car he gave you and gat another mk1 and join the club?
 :wink:

mark

Back to the top
Anyone know the year the 15" p Ronals started production?

Back to the top
Hi - mine are date stamped 1983 (making them the same year as my Mk1 !)

Back to the top
Where is the date stamp mark? I can see an 81 with a ring around it and a number 38 at the end of a code. I can't see the 15" P being available in 1981.

Back to the top
Hi,
To be honest I can't remember 100% where the stamp was. I'd have to dig the wheels out from the garage to check. From memory I think the 83 was in a ring though and was between the bolt holes under the centre cap.
If I get chance I'll have a look tomorrow.
Cheers,
Mark
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.