Skip navigation

Car failed MOT :( But it could have been worse!

Back to the top

Car failed MOT :( But it could have been worse!

I think I may invest in a garage trolley jack then. I must admit I never feel 100% safe going up high on my halfords type jack and wooden blocks, just doesn't have enough footprint. Plus I have a tarmac drive, not the best during the hot summers!

Cheers
Rajan

Banner

Back to the top
ha ha, I embeded a jack in my tarmac drive once!! went in quite far, was actually quite good, cos it gave the jack a better hold!  

Trolly jacks are the best means of lifting a car in a home garage, as they can move as the vehicle raises and are also much more stable. You can get a cheap one for about ?20. I got a trolly jack and 2 axle stands in a set for ?29. Pretty cheap, but they seem to be OK are all approved to British safety standards etc.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
If your near a lidl (supermarket, hope i spelled that right) they where doing a 2 ton trolley jack with 3 years cover for a tenner! cant go wrong, dont lift very high but handy to have a pair arround

Back to the top
cheers for that storm81. The number of times I've thought 'Could be really handy to have another jack' is un-believable. for ?10 can't really turn that down can I  :D  

I can see it now, we're all be queueing down at our local lidl branch tomorrow morning first thing, there's going to be a run on these trolly jacks I can feel it!!  :D   :D

1983 White cabriolet GTi
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.