Skip navigation

There's no going back now then!

Back to the top

There's no going back now then!

The originals are cut crossways so that it can 'bend' - did you do this on the replacements?

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Well, call me cheeky Rich  :wink:  but I'd appreciate a few shots of the wiring loom placement BEFORE you put the dash back in (assuming the car has fairly original wiring of course).

On my list of to-do's is a full dash removal while I tidy the wiring left after stereo removal, put in the new mini loom for my new head unit, and replace some of the perished foam "wiring wrap" whotsits.

Dash is squeeking a lot at the moment and I think this is the cause - either that or I've got mice  8O

If you are renewing any of the suspension components a few shots there wouldn't come amiss either  :oops:

Cheers,

Chris

ex '83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign owner and missing it already!

Back to the top
I was going to strip my Llasha green one down to bare metal and have it sprayed Oak Green.

Looking at these pics I think I will forget it. Its gotta be done if you want the perfic paintjob though.

Good luck with it Crazyquiff. Bet it'll look the dogs danglers when its done. 8)

Look forward to seeing it at Gaydon 2005.

MK1 Golf GTi Campaign:Alpine White, Vauxhall Omega MV6, Alpina B10 3.3 Touring, Dolomite Sprint, MG ZT V6, Volvo T5 R estate  6C2B5B6F-1CA5-44CA-A93C-6B7F5206CD7F.jpeg

Back to the top
Chris,  No problems with loom pics - what's nice abour this Campaign is that it's never been bodged.  It did have a VAG alarm fitted - I guess by the dealer but this just "plugs in".

Remind me mid-week or so when It's cleaned up from all the stripping and prep.

adolph, It's a real job stripping the whole car - I'm doing it cos it had had such a bad respray in the past over the original paint (i think with virtually no prep  :twisted: )  even the side stripes were just sprayed over!!

If the paint was original and in not too bad a nick it would be better to do a good prep job and paint over.

I hope to see it at Gaydon next year also as I plan to sell this one once it is done  :D

Back to the top
Thanks Rich, I'll try and remember to drop you an email reminder on Tues.

If its completely original under the bonnet wiring wise then I wouldn't mind a pic or two of that as well. Mine has had an alarm fitted, but I think there are a couple of relays and extra bits of wire doing nothing in there at the moment which I'd like to take out if they are not original. Some pics would help identify the culprits!!!

Busy week for me next week as I have bought a car "semi - blind" off ebay  8O  up in Edinburgh, so gotta fly up and collect on Wednesday and drive it back darn sarf….

Saw loads of pics and the hpi check is clear, but even so until I pick it up I'm a tad nervous. Still if it works out its a rare car for a very reasonable price  :D . If somehow it turns out to have something wrong with it then I am only down an airfare and an hpi check - hopefully worth the risk!

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
Wotchoogot?

Back to the top
Hmmm, well I don't want to jinx it, but hopefully a nice original MX-5 SE, 1992 vintage. Special colour of brilliant black for that year ('92), ABS and tan leather interior with special polished alloys.

I was after a BBR turbo, but this is a very tidy car, only 70K miles and 3 owners with full service history. With a bit of luck it will be as described and the piccys will be a true reflection. These cars rarely come up in good condition so as well as being a great drive it should also be a sound financial move too hopefully.

After a few months of looking I've pretty much given up on the BBR cars. Whoever has got the remaining ones seem to be hanging onto them (probably a wise move), so for me this is the next best thing  8)

I'll have a good few hours to get to know it on the drive back down - just hope it isn't piddling it down with rain or snowing  :roll:

Cheers,

Chris

Back to the top
Sounds good.  Whoose got a new toy then!  :D

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.