Skip navigation

Intermittent electrical cut out whilst driving

Back to the top

I drive my 91 cabriolet daily to and from work, a 20 mile round trip. Every day it cuts out at least once during my commute, the revs will drop completely, radio will lose power and have no acceleration.

I promised a conclusion. Car ended up cutting out one morning on my drive way and wouldn't start again. Ended up spending hours changing different ignition parts, even bought a new ignition module to try and was occasionally getting a spark but then not getting a spark 5 minutes later. Ended up buying a second hand ignition module off a MK2 golf and its back up and running again. I have a good feeling the ignition module breaking down could have been the culprit. The thing that threw me was that I had changed it, but the pattern parts are apparently absolute trash so get a second hand one from an original. I hope this helps someone one day.

Back to the top
Well folks have been known to get bad new parts right out of the box, happens sometimes.  But because it is new you and me assume that it is good to go, which sometime isn't the case.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Intermittent electrical cut out whilst driving

Yep. The worst kind of fault!!
Glad you nailed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.