Skip navigation

electric cars

Back to the top
apparently the emissions from batteries to supply electric vehicles are equal to approx. 8 years emissions from a 'standard' vehicle - make of that what you wish.
also they're battery powered… & we know batteries don't last forever… false cost saving… emissions too… so many different views on this, just like putting your finger in the air & seeing which way the wind blows… :lol:

Back to the top
thats right dean–it just doesnt convince that its been thought through and costed .
if i cut my left hand off id save a fortune on gloves

Back to the top

cabriolet said

thats right dean–it just doesn't convince that its been thought through and costed .
if i cut my left hand off id save a fortune on gloves

But in the end you would be all right.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
id give my right arm to be ambidextrous bri!

Back to the top

electric cars

From a practical point of view carbon capture can be implemented at manufacturing location for batteries. Cannot be done so easily on each individual vehicle.  For new cars electric is insanely fast driving. Once range becomes better then we never need to visit a services again as we charge at home and destination.

For fun and emotion then you still can’t beat the sweet smell of hydrocarbons only partially burnt and their associated sound track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Mike Bulmer said

id give my right arm to be ambidextrous bri!
Wait isn't that an really obscure statement….:)But then again if you only have a left arm, that means that you are in your right mind all the time.  :).

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
the dream of only filling up at home or destination isw not arttainable for flat dwellers etc. cables to cars from streetlamps have implications for many too.

Back to the top

electric cars

Indeed lots of issues with us kerb dwellers.  Some form of pillar like like a bollard with a socked on maybe. Cost a fortune to install them all though. I guess it will be a case of can’t please all the people. However with autonomous driving then we won’t drive cars we will simply rent a ride everywhere and ownership will die out, but that’s a whole other thread I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Are we ready to be car sharers rather than owners? Can. We trust the navigation devices of autonomous cars sufficiently?
These are seismic changes.

Back to the top
I'll not be around for all this but who clears out the ashtrays n picks up the crisp packets if car sharing takes over. Who sorts out the dings in the car park. Will bus fares be es expensive as car hiring cos far fewer people may use public transport
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.