Skip navigation

Seat belt winds the wrong way

Back to the top
Now what?

IMG_3444.jpeg

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
Try to take it out let it unwind slowly, try not to get it too knotted.

Back to the top
Gonna attempt it again just in case it was a fluke
439F17C0-E530-45ED-83D5-8DF6BFD4FAE8.jpeg

Back to the top
Gonna attempt it again just in case it was a fluke
439F17C0-E530-45ED-83D5-8DF6BFD4FAE8.jpeg

Back to the top
Goto admit it took longer than first time.
3DB09B37-AC52-4444-9C75-991DDA00739D.jpeg

Back to the top
 :cool:

IMG_3445.jpeg

IMG_3446.jpeg

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
Now start from the outside. Put the hook in the same a pics. Wind the spring opposite to the curl .

Back to the top
Cool. Will finish it off tomorrow. Greasy  :|

Cheers for the help  :thumbs:

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

Back to the top
For the sake of completeness…

I realised that replacing the coil was a little more complex than first thought. Looking back a the pictures I tried a few orientations:

Screenshot-2020-08-16-at-22.16.45.jpg

Eventually I worked it out:

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 22.24.47.png

This matches the pictures and the bends in the coil. Then I flipped it to wind in the right direction:

Screenshot-2020-08-16-at-22.27.05.jpg

This is reassuringly more fiddly to install and pulls the belt in more powerfully.

Finally…

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 22.32.05.png

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

Back to the top
You still aren't right mate but if it works, leave it alone.

Back to the top
Did you ever see it before it it came out?

If you look at the picture at the top of this page, that's mine before it was removed.

If you look at the loose coil it has a back flip shaped into. That's not to say mine was installed correctly in the first place.

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.