Skip navigation

Cutting out helllllp

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Ah ok great my cable does feel a little slack could that be because the screw is coming loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
There should be some slack in the accelerator cable because if it's to tight you will find the J hook on the pedal end of the cable bends and the cable disconnects it's self from the pedal….

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Ok cool I will try adjusting the screw when I get home bring the idle to about 1200 blip it a bit then bring back down to 1000 and test it, I hope this is it finger crossed

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

So I tried adjusting that screw at the back and was as tight as it could possibly be and the rpm didn’t go up if that hasn’t worked it’s way loose that’s good right?

Back to the top
Does it cut out if you reverse and slam brakes on?  

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

can anyone tell me what the black thing is/does as when I disconnect the fire whilst running the revs drop to near stalling could this be a part of my issue

Back to the top
Immobiliser?   

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Yes it cuts out both forward and but if u go and stop fast enough and I have just had aftermarket immobiliser taken out and didn’t make a difference

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Also the vacuum pipe connected to the Solenoid on the distribution cap has little to no vacuum when engine is running is that normal

Back to the top
The black box is the anti stall device, if the cars stalling when you unplug it then that's what's keeping your car idling so you need to increase the idle speed, the anti stall device should only kicks in if needed and not running all the time.

From memory the idle screw needs to be screwed out in increase the idle speed?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Ah ok so if I screw the screw to open the throttle a little bit that should raise the idle could this stop the cutting out on braking

Back to the top
Yes…Fingers crossed   :thumbs:As I said before get the engine hot, increase to 1200, blip throttle  a Few times and lower the idle to 1000rpm

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

I will give that a try tomorrow then I hope so to lol

Back to the top
Let us know if it helps?

It does look like someone's been messing with your cabling, what's going on with the wires for the 5th injector (the blue bit in your pics)?

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Yer I will do, yes someone has definitely fooled around with it there a lot of random wires everywhere

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

I adjusted the idle up still same problem I’m headed down the route of it being a vacuum leak not to sure how to find it though as there is no obvious leak

Back to the top
Can you get it to act up by brake torquing it in either 1st or reverse?

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Not sure what brake torquing is pal but if I let off the brake when the revs start to drop most times it doesn’t quite stall, the revs drop to pretty much nothing then come back (that’s not every time )

Back to the top
Brake torquing is when you have the handbrake on and try to pull off, forcing the engine to rock. If that make sense. When you are stationary and press the brake hard does the idle change?

Back to the top

Cutting out helllllp

Not sure what brake torquing is pal but if I let off the brake when the revs start to drop most times it doesn’t quite stall, the revs drop to pretty much nothing then come back (that’s not every time )

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.