Skip navigation

2H to GTI

Back to the top

What's the difference?

Couple here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334125812055
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174914946681

Could ask if they will ship. Twice as much as I paid though.

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
just slightly different ages, both way too expensive though max £50 if not less for random untried ecu

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

the_whip said

Couple here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334125812055
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174914946681

Could ask if they will ship. Twice as much as I paid though.

With the new taxation powered by Brexit+shipping, the price goes really high, I'll try in another country.

Based on rubjonny info(thanks again!), I will be looking for this units.
external_url_proxy.png

Another thing, does anyone know if for example, if the bosch units are better than KEN?

Back to the top
Could I please check with you guys I have found an ecu with the code 037906022EE from the chart I see posted here the original code only has one E at the end will this mean the ECU I've found is not compatible.
Any help much appreciated before I plan to purchase and do the swap 😜

Back to the top
Thats an ABK code ECU, so Audi version of the 2.0 8v 2E code. in short, no good

Back to the top

rubjonny said

Thats an ABK code ECU, so Audi version of the 2.0 8v 2E code. in short, no good

That's great knowledge shared John, I wasn't too sure and couldn't find any info online myself thank you.
The hunt goes on…

Back to the top
Have just found a 037906022BC which I see is on the list, dose 100 euro seem a fair price ?

Screenshot_20211007-123948.png

Back to the top
seems well expensive for such an old and garbage ecu tbh, but needs must I guess.  for that kind of money you could save towards a whole new engine :lol:

Back to the top

rubjonny said

seems well expensive for such an old and garbage ecu tbh, but needs must I guess.  for that kind of money you could save towards a whole new engine :lol:

They all seem mad prices your correct John especially the ones in Germany. It is a gamble online for sure let alone from another country and not around the corner.
Was looking for a simple tune up to be honest and loose the lambda sensor out of the digifant equation.
I'll keep looking for the Bosch one with fingers crossed.
Thanks for the advice, have been kind of ghosting the forum for a long time now using the shared information on here to make adjustments and keep the car up to scratch amazing the knowledge you all have. The Bentley is great but honest opinion and experience shared is always better.

Back to the top

Black Digifant said

rubjonny said

They all seem mad prices your correct John especially the ones in Germany. It is a gamble online for sure let alone from another country and not around the corner.
Was looking for a simple tune up to be honest and loose the lambda sensor out of the digifant equation.
Thanks for the advice, have been kind of ghosting the forum for a long time now using the shared information on here to make adjustments and keep the car up to scratch amazing the knowledge you all have. The Bentley is great but honest opinion and experience shared is always better.

Lambda sensor is not bad at all, I have a piggy back on mine and I can tune with some limitations the fuel Trim, I am only looking for the GTI ecu because of the ignition Maps and also I need a "sacrifice" ecu for my experiences.
Tuning the ecu only, Will not bring you any special gains, try that already, made it only different, no real power gains, but if you add a improved exhaust manifold and the ecu Will make a noticeable difference.
You can also replace the fuel chip, use the BB from 107ps GTI golf, engine code PF, but again, doing that Alone only makes the car smooth, no noticeable power gains, did that also.

Last edit: by Mario_Marques

Back to the top
These silly prices are making me think I should finally deal with selling my 2H.

If I wanted to go with EFI, I need to keep the injectors from the 2H, right? Do I need loom and ECU (assuming I would eventually go with MegaS or similar)?

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top

Back to the top
the loom you would use as a base when converting to whatever ecu you choose, keep injectors. may need to mod a TPS on depending on managment. ecu wont be needed any more, could gut it out and use the case to hold whatever ecu you choose

Back to the top

rubjonny said

They all seem mental prices your correct John especially the ones in Germany. It is a gamble online for sure let alone from another country and not around the corner.

rubjonny said

Back to the top

rubjonny said

the loom you would use as a base when converting to whatever ecu you choose, keep injectors. may need to mod a TPS on depending on managment. ecu wont be needed any more, could gut it out and use the case to hold whatever ecu you choose

Ah cool. I'd probably keep the original 2H ECU housing as it fits better than the mk2 one.

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

Back to the top

Mario_Marques said

Shall take a look at this now, thank you
Exhaust has been modified by previous owner I bought it from plus I noticed the airbox had been modified too.
Shall take photos maybe I'll find out on here or from you Clever chaps if it's any good.

Back to the top

Black Digifant said

Mario_Marques said

Shall take a look at this now, thank you
Exhaust has been modified by previous owner I bought it from plus I noticed the airbox had been modified too.
Shall take photos maybe I'll find out on here or from you Clever chaps if it's any good.

Any update ?
There are too many online users to list.