Skip navigation

launch contol and flatshifter bam engine mk1 golf

Back to the top
54 is definitely the right pin, does your MFA work properly on the average speed and distance

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
4BCD2BF9-ED8B-417D-B1C0-B84C878EB530.jpeg Hi Jon
Just to let you know I always disconnect battery when I don't use car if that makes any difference so I have only tried it 3miles yesterday and here's what the dash says strange on number 1 setting different to number 2 setting only thing not connected is vac pipe to manifold if that make any different (could be a possibility that the tuner hasn't enabled flat shifter but it was requested with stage 2 and immobilised  309120C8-1AF6-4716-91C6-2716AE771B9D.jpeg F9C048C0-3FA4-4DC9-9F55-E5A37BBC678B.jpeg 0153C317-ECBE-4A9B-BD53-C35D78BEA542.jpeg 08226D43-97D5-4CC5-B3A0-D3ACD35809D4.jpeg D2C7A630-E432-4DEB-9710-3383CC300701.jpeg DD0AEC1E-C9FA-40C2-A40E-31FA28F8B964.jpeg

Back to the top
I will try car on setting 2 to see if that helps other than that I don't know and it not that important but went to effort of adding clutch pedal switch for that function shame you miles away .Cheers Nick

Back to the top
Clutch on and off EF9E539F-1961-48C5-9F3A-5AA8926018EB.jpeg

Back to the top
Pull the clock fuse for 30 seconds see if it resets MFA so screen works properly.

Also aren't you supposed to have the 4 pin mk4 brake switch so both ECU brake pins are active? Cruise control certainly won't work without  and I though launch control  etc needed them both. You't use a normal brake switch for cruse brake switch pin as it works the opposite way so you need the MK4 4 pin one

Back to the top
Hi Jon 
When loom returned to me I have fitted back to car there was no feed for brake switch on there the only cable that was left was the gearbox one I've shown you a yellow wire and then a blue wire which were oil pressure wires tpease adaptor and a earth for rocker cover I have 16valve servo etc so I had to install switch for brake lights do you think the Ecu thinks the brakes are on ?

Back to the top
I will take the fuse out and place back in as well but would this be the same as me disconnecting the battery when not in use .Cheers Nick

Back to the top
Thought I would just let you know when I had ecu done I requested no pops and bangs or launch control as l have already renewed the driveshaft ends after destroying them and didn't want  to keep replacing them.

Back to the top
Worth asking ECU tuner if brake switch feed needed for it, the ECU will think the cruise brake switch is pressed if it's not plugged in anyway. Though loom builder might have shorted that pin to bypass

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.