Skip navigation

launch contol and flatshifter bam engine mk1 golf

Back to the top
 I  dont  have a problem but interested to see if anybody has the answer i have a bam engine mk1 golf gti  that has stage 2 ecu tune with flat shifter programed into ecu.Ihave the audi tt throttle pedal and clutch switch in car and loom convertion done but i have cable speedo to make all my mk1 dash etc to work im aware that the ecu will not allow flatshifter to work because ive got a spedo cable and no speed sensor in gear box does anybody know if you can fox the ecu to allow flatshifter to work but keep the speedo cable  .cheers Nick

Back to the top
if you have a set of GTI clocks that work, then you have a speed sensor you can use. you need to add a wire to the 6 pin plug on the back of the clocks, in position 6. the terminals are the same as used on the main clock plug plus the handbrake warning light so easily pulled from a donor harness

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Hi Jon
Thanks for replying just to get straight in my mind I need a feed from nbr6 of the ribbon but will this go to the plug I have in my loom still for 6 speed box as I've used a ASD 5 speed .Will the wire from 6 go to this plug to allow the ECU to recognise the car is in motions if so would you know which wire to feed in the plug ?.Cheers Nick A40F879B-B323-4244-B72C-DDD2B2B76BDC.jpeg DA33F180-8166-43B0-8805-9BB033B40320.jpeg

Back to the top
not the 3 pin plug on the 20v loom, thats speed signal input to the clocks and isnt wired to anything in your loom. you need to find the blue/white wire to the big ecu plug pin 54

for the cluster side the blue ribbon is what you're looking for, labelled SSA. it should be fitted inside a plastic plug housing on the back of the clocks and you got a white p[lug to fit into it with all the MFA wiring inside it for oil temp, outside temp etc.

if you dont have a plug housing for it then what you could do is stuff a wire into the back of the speed sensor instead for the short term, saves trying to find a way to attach to the foil contact, its the middle pin you're after :)

heres the sender on a set of ce1 mk2 golf/rocco clocks but you get the ideal. undo the 2 little screws and you can hinge open the back of the sender, put your wire into the back of it and close it back up

Back to the top
Thanks again Jon
Is blue /white 54 feeding anything else in the management so I can tag on that or do I go to main plug cut back and piggy back solder the wire there , I have the complete plug other end the ribbon is a Spare ribbon I have for a digifiz I would like to try to fit with out cutting the female plugs if I could get hold of nofear on the forum for the digifiz he has for sale  . Cheers Nick (plug looks a bit bogged but I managed to cut the ribbon and heat shrink over the exposed areas ) 902FDDCC-89E7-498D-B289-20A0D434EEC7.jpeg

Back to the top
Hi Jon  
Sorry to bombard you with questions but I would be having a go at making the flat shifter work at weekend and trying to get a few wires in for a digifiz if I manage to get hold of one. Am l right in thinking I need to get a digital feed from black box that turns the digital feed into analog for my dash at the moment and leave that feed out no my plug because a analog feed will blow the digifiz i bits .Thanks again Nick

Back to the top
pin 54 does nothing else but accept speed signal from the clocks, so just need to find the cut end in your ecu loom and tap to it

for digifiz you need to wire up that 3 pin plug you pictured earlier to the cluster. also FYI the VSS and speed signal input is to the same pin on the clocks, the gearbox sender outputs the same signal as the sender on the back of the mk1/2 clocks

for speedometer if you have an 02A/J box you plug the connector above straight in and go. for analogue speedometer simple unscrew the 3 pin plug assembly from the back of the mechanical sender and fit a 1.0-1.3 mk1 speedometer cable to it.

if its 020 then you remove the ele3ctronic sender entirely and fit a mk1 1.5-1.8 cable with a red gear (usually, check box code first) and gear retaining circlip

if its an 02M then sender is purely electronic so need an adaptor for it

Back to the top
Thanks Jon
I will have a go at weekend and let you know how I get on . Thanks for the help on the digifiz in regards of speedo that you actually answered another question I was going to ask but after reading my post didn't actually mention that I was referring to wiring for the  Rev counter need turning back to digital instead of analog .Much Appropriated Nick (there is a few questions I would like to ask but not going to waste your time until I have a digifiz)

Back to the top
rev counter is easy peasy, digifiz expects the same signal as the mk4 ecu puts out :)

you only need the adaptor for MK1/2 clocks, or if you're crafty you can open the clocks and bypass all the signal processing circuit and they;'ll run off the mk3/4 ecu signal as well

Back to the top
Jon your a top man thanks for all the information .
Just saving my Christmas cash for a digifiz and new facia front for it if I'm lucky enough to get one at right price that works .This may be a long shot but I have emailed vw at Germany to try and authenticate my mk1 golf GTI as the year and manufacturing numbers has it coming in as a campaign but what I think the car is possibly a car that a person in the armed forces has bought back from Germany and is a Pirelli edition as a lot of school pals that was in the army were saving tax on BMW etc and then driving home .(were the best place to find this out ) Thanks  Nick

Back to the top
I think latest register rules that Pirelli edition still counts as a campaign?

Back to the top
Here's my vin tag any information appreciated . Cheers Nick  7C39E709-3CE5-4DA0-9BDC-D9F3A7D976BB.png

Back to the top
I cant really tell you anything from that apart from build date, need to see the build sticker on the service book to see what options it has.

VW can check the codes for you though if the service book is missing
https://clubgti.com/forums/index.php?threads/applying-for-your-volkswagens-birth-certificate-link.211662/

Back to the top
Thanks again Jon
All I have is vin numbers and numbers in scuttle and log book .Never mind Im happy with car what ever it is strange one as it a tin top and Ive read that some  pirelli cars had no sunroof if requested on a Y plate .

Back to the top
This is the car at the nearing the end of when I put it back together A5044F16-75B8-400E-8AEA-97BF9BA09BB4.png CFA26A03-90FD-4C04-8F97-664DFDED4847.png CA165998-20DB-4A25-838A-85DA6EB50A95.jpeg

Back to the top
Would also like to recommend exhaust and 3 1/2 " down pipe by trackslag  its a thing of beauty  we had to send one back from another supplier who i wont mention it was not good at all any one in the market for one will not be disappointed with trackslag servis and product

Back to the top
First down pipe not good at all sent back 7DE8AD3A-6996-4AEF-93F7-EBE152E8D77D.png F2CDA203-C108-4630-9C75-D6130BF90298.png

Back to the top
aye trackslag do great work, I just cant afford it :lol:

Back to the top
You might be short of a track slag exhaust but your a wealth of knowledge thanks for help I,m going to locate blue/ white and activate flat shifter know  all the best and have a good christmas Jon.

Back to the top
Hi Jon 
Had a bash at getting flat shifter to work today soldered blue /white location pin 54 to rear location 6 SSA on my white plug there was no terminal or wire going into that location so soldered a  savaged terminal and slotted that in to position but no joy on flat shifter . Found pin diagram I think for bam ECU and shows 54 pin blue/white indicator/buzzer generator is this correct  00CCA077-5DA6-48B9-8058-DFB19C135A00.png
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.