Skip navigation

Nearly in tears

Back to the top

Gutted

Have you got a picture of yours wrapped mark1

Back to the top
Hi all fitted now its in i can see how close it comes to the rubber boot .my titanium wrap just ends half way up so on the way home from the garage i went to an engineer i know we are going to fabricate a metal heatshield around it so hopefully that will be good. The noise is awesome by the way feels very smooth only thing its cut-out on me a couple of times on the way back pushed the throttle suddenly no power any ideas anyone please

Back to the top

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Yeah just had a look thanks mate

Back to the top
Keeps cutting out guys and suddenly ticking over at about 500rpm since the new manifold install ??

Back to the top
Sounds like an air leak from the intake manifold.

Try giving the intake bolts a bit of a tighten. Or take it back to the exhaust people!

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Thanks ian i would not have known that

Back to the top
Any idea of the torque setting ian im famous for snapping studs

Back to the top

Deano777 said

Any idea of the torque setting ian im famous for snapping studs

I only do that removing them.  :)

Manifolds to cylinder head
18 ft/lbs 25Nm

www.cabby-info.com  lists most torque values.
http://cabby-info.com/Files/TorqueSpecs.pdf

I would suggest in that you buy a Haynes, and or Bentley
as they are there as well and will serve you best in the long run as you don't have to wait for a response.

They are also ALLEN and I can't remember 5. 5.5 or 6
Insert the Allen fully and tap it with a ball-peen hammer a couple of time to fully seat it so that no strippage can occur.  Do this as well with the 8mm TS bolts on your axles.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
20180527_145813.jpg Thanks for the info once again briano i was looking for a manual but there seems to be some confusion as to which one covers the cabriolet. I went to powerfest car show today 250 cars loads of classics not one mk1 ..wish id have booked mine in ive got to say it ran well no stalling ?? Weather was beautiful 1 mk2 there. Im gonna go to the garage and get them to check it anyways Tuesday…hooe your enjoying the sun

Back to the top
Well guys ive had trouble free motoring for a full week .thankful for that as it was half term and i was looking after my 4 children all week managed some lovely topless drives .hope your all ok
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.