Skip navigation

MK1 Series 1 GTI Restoration 1979

Back to the top

Genuine OEM Parts Please

Mines a 4 speed  plastic bumper RHD T reg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Hi both,

Many thanks for the images really helpful.

Interesting in the back of my mind something was niggling me that my car should have 5.5J manhole alloys also.

But still not 100% sure what a 4 speed 1979 would have come with.

Having studied my 1979 4 speed brochure and original owners manual it still does not mention alloys as a standard fitment only 5.5J steel wheels.

Are either of you going to the 40th meet at Milton Keynes on Saturday?

Christian

Back to the top
I think the 4 speed man gtis came with the simple steels. The gtis 5 gears. 79 onwards were with the  manhole alloys hope its abit of help. Didnt knw there was a  a meet?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Piston Heads have arranged a meet at Milton Keynes head office, you have to be a GTI driver and it was limited to 150 spaces which have all gone.

Should be great as they are having the heritage collection there to view.

Back to the top
Have either of you got the part number for the GTI steel wheels or a picture of where the 5.5J is stamped?

Back to the top

Neither GTi is in a fit state to go unfortunately!  

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
You are a super star, many thanks for the image.

You have definitely got some man hours ahead.

Back to the top
My Series 1

WP_20160805_07_42_52_Pro.jpg

Last edit: by Badgerspad

Back to the top
Nice colour
 Adore the small lights interior esp seats dash etc

Back to the top
Those are the manhole cover alloys we been chatting about. I do like that look on the s1.

Back to the top

Prefer the steelies….

Back to the top

They are clean!

Regards Volkswarren

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.