Skip navigation

Know your mk1's supplying dealership?

Back to the top

MrP said

Contact the DVLA, V888 form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle

Costs £5 but you'll get everything they hold about the vehicle. Just state it's your car and you want everything they hold for informative and documentation purposes due to the classic nature of the vehicle. State for personal use only.

I did it on my Rivage and found out the supplying dealer:

Just downloaded this new form off the gov website and it looks like no fee now? Added bonus! image.png

Back to the top
Have now downloaded the from, filled it out and sent it off! Apparently it takes about 7 weeks to come through.

I have also looked on the dmb website, they don't have my dealer but there is a link to click if you have any info on a dealer so I'll see what they need and what they can do! I have more important things to do on the car first though! (Like get it through the MOT!)

Back to the top
DMB are REALLY good…

I couldn't find an original plate anywhere so I did my research where I found some original supplying dealer graphics and came up with my own little drawing on how I think it should look. I contacted DMB Graphics over the phone and then sent them an e-mail with a description along with this really poor drawing:
DSC_0200 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Which he then turned into this:
20160331_185652 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

Which became:
DSC_0215 by Rich Perkins, on Flickr

All within about a week from the first phone call and for £22.50 posted. Unbelievable.

1992 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Blue Metallic - Long term project
1991 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Green Pearl - Sold

Back to the top

Saulty said

Have now downloaded the from, filled it out and sent it off! Apparently it takes about 7 weeks to come through.

I have also looked on the dmb website, they don't have my dealer but there is a link to click if you have any info on a dealer so I'll see what they need and what they can do! I have more important things to do on the car first though! (Like get it through the MOT!)
 I sent if off on the same day as you! Race to see who's comes back first? Knowing the DVLA a very long time haha

Back to the top

MrP said

DMB are REALLY good…

I couldn't find an original plate anywhere so I did my research where I found some original supplying dealer graphics and came up with my own little drawing on how I think it should look. I contacted DMB Graphics over the phone and then sent them an e-mail with a description along with this really poor drawing:

Which became:

All within about a week from the first phone call and for £22.50 posted. Unbelievable.
 Wow they're amazing! Great price aswell I love companies like that making the effort not just money grabbing!

Back to the top

MrP said

DMB are REALLY good…

Which became:

They're really good! I bet you are well pleased with them! I still have an original rear dealer plate so I guess a photograph will do. Hopefully they can make a rear window sticker from the same image!

Back to the top

MK1CabbyWhite said

Saulty said

I have also looked on the dmb website, they don't have my dealer but there is a link to click if you have any info on a dealer so I'll see what they need and what they can do! I have more important things  do on the car first though! (Like get it through the MOT!)
 I sent if off on the same day as you! Race to see who's comes back first? Knowing the DVLA a very long time haha

It will be interesting to see who's comes back first! Seven weeks seems like a long time to make a few photocopies but as it's free I won't complain!😉

Back to the top

Saulty said

MK1CabbyWhite said

Saulty said

I have also looked on the dmb website, they don't have my dealer but there is a link to click if you have any info on a dealer so I'll see what they need and what they can do! I have more important things  do on the car first though! (Like get it through the MOT!)

It will be interesting to see who's comes back first! Seven weeks seems like a long time to make a few photocopies but as it's free I won't complain!😉
  Race is on! I can sot back and do nothing so is my perfect kind of race! Me neither haha although my deadline to have it back on the road is exactly 7 weeks so would like to get the plates done before but no dramas if not!

Back to the top

Saulty said

They're really good! I bet you are well pleased with them! I still have an original rear dealer plate so I guess a photograph will do. Hopefully they can make a rear window sticker from the same image!

Easily, if they can make mine from my rubbish picture!

1992 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Blue Metallic - Long term project
1991 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Green Pearl - Sold

Back to the top
image.jpeg

Saulty said

Update on the DVLA race haha! Got this letter back today hopefully get it through soon, any updates on your side?

Back to the top
Hmmmm, it looks like your winning 😕! I'm away this weekend so I'm not going to know what post I have until Monday. There was a brown envelope yesterday about A5 size but I thought it was some advertising bull from a credit card company so I ignored it! I'll keep you posted when I get back, we could be head to head!😎

Back to the top
Not your usual place to find the name of the supplying original dealer ……….

DSC_0012.JPG :$

Back to the top

Saulty said

Hmmmm, it looks like your winning 😕! I'm away this weekend so I'm not going to know what post I have until Monday. There was a brown envelope yesterday about A5 size but I thought it was some advertising bull from a credit card company so I ignored it! I'll keep you posted when I get back, we could be head to head!😎
 Mine came in a brown envelope! Could well be neck and neck!

Back to the top

Yomp said

That's amazing, how was this left in the car after such a long time is there a story behind the car? Looks brand new from that!

Back to the top

Yomp said

Wow, where did you get/how did you make those? 

Back to the top

Back to the top

Yomp said

Just had a good read of that, wow just incredible, proper museum piece that! 

Back to the top
Got back from my weekend away to find that the brown envelope that I thought contained advertising bull from a credit card company did actually contain advertising bull from a credit card company! However, there was also an A4 brown envelope that must have come on Saturday containing this letter! 😎
image.jpeg

It also contained about 25 other pieces of paper with all the previous owners etc😎!

Back to the top

Saulty said

Got back from my weekend away to find that the brown envelope that I thought contained advertising bull from a credit card company did actually contain advertising bull from a credit card company! However, there was also an A4 brown envelope that must have come on Saturday containing this letter! 😎
image.jpeg

It also contained about 25 other pieces of paper with all the previous owners etc😎!
 Damn you beat me!! I'm getting the redbull pitstop treatment it would seem! Did it tell you the supplying dealership & any other cool stuff? Can't wait for mine to arrive!

Back to the top
I does tell me the supplying dealer, although I already knew who they were as I have the original service book and original rear plate. Most of the other stuff is run of the mill stuff you would expect to see but it does show every change, including change of address. Strangely, somebody bought it in 1989 but they don't show up as a previous owner and somebody bought it in 1996 but they don't show up as a registered keeper. I assume these are dealers or something!
I'm sure yours will arrive soon!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.