Skip navigation

Know your mk1's supplying dealership?

Back to the top
So… Has anyone found out or knew the dealership that originally supplied their mk1 and how to find out? I had a search online and could only find that mine registered in sheffield in 1990, I'd love to find out maybe dig any history up if possible and get dealership stickers & numberplates made up! 

Back to the top
Done some digging on this website and found this dealership sticker, now that group sell honda & mitsubishi (shame) :lol: image.png image.png

Back to the top
Contact the DVLA, V888 form.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle

Costs £5 but you'll get everything they hold about the vehicle. Just state it's your car and you want everything they hold for informative and documentation purposes due to the classic nature of the vehicle. State for personal use only.

I did it on my Rivage and found out the supplying dealer:

1992 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Blue Metallic - Long term project
1991 MK1 Golf GTi Rivage - Classic Green Pearl - Sold

Back to the top
I know mine as still got the original plates (before personal reg went on) and still have the service book and the yellow PDI inspection sheet.

Garage has closed now - Johnson's of Hinckley.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

MrP said

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle

Costs £5 but you'll get everything they hold about the vehicle. Just state it's your car and you want everything they hold for informative and documentation purposes due to the classic nature of the vehicle. State for personal use only.

That's exactly what I'm after thank you!! 

Back to the top

RichardHall said

I know mine as still got the original plates (before personal reg went on) and still have the service book and the yellow PDI inspection sheet.

Garage has closed now - Johnson's of Hinckley.
 I wish I had those bits to go along mine, I have the owners handbook at least which is cool, a lot more diy in there than on new cars :lol:

Back to the top

MK1CabbyWhite said

MrP said

That's exactly what I'm after thank you!! 

Mine is J510RRD… I wonder if they're from the same neck of the woods?

Guy

91 Rivage project thread < its a slow process but getting there!

Back to the top

Back to the top

gfrankland said

Thanks for that, confirms it was sheffield, just unsure of the actual dealership at the moment!

Back to the top

MK1CabbyWhite said

gfrankland said

Thanks for that, confirms it was sheffield, just unsure of the actual dealership at the moment!

Yes could cover a wide area as my original reg comes out as Leicester when garage was in Coventry.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

MK1CabbyWhite said

gfrankland said

Yes could cover a wide area as my original reg comes out as Leicester when garage was in Coventry.

Ahh okay, I'm going to do the v888 form to the dvla I reckon its my best chance

Back to the top
Mine was registered with Kennings Ltd - Chelmsford, got the PDI Sheet, Manuals for car & stereo, the original plates & window sticker still on it :thumbs: 

Back to the top

Deandubya said

Mine was registered with Kennings Ltd - Chelmsford, got the PDI Sheet, Manuals for car & stereo, the original plates & window sticker still on it :thumbs: 
  That's amazing, do you have some pictures? I'd like to get dealer stickers plates etc made up when I find out the correct dealer 

Back to the top
Humberside Motors Ltd (no longer open)

Back to the top

Steve_MK1 said

Humberside Motors Ltd (no longer open)

Very cool I want mine to have its dealer sticker like yours, I don't think the dealership mine came from is still around looks like all relatively new dealerships in Sheffield!

Back to the top
My old 87 mk2 GTI ended in WF so I think your mk1 would most likely have been sold at Gilders new. I've got the original front plate from it, I'll try and find it and upload a pic for you.

Back to the top
Here it is, I don't think I had any other dealer stickers other than the plate and the paper work to show it was from Gilders new.

Back to the top

sp8y said

Here it is, I don't think I had any other dealer stickers other than the plate and the paper work to show it was from Gilders new.

Thank you for that! I'm going to do a v888 to check but that makes sense to me, that sticker I posted on here was a gilders one so would see if they could make those plates for me too

Back to the top
How do you go about getting these stickers and plates made up? My Golf was registered new at a dealership call Karman, they were in 18-19 Greenhill Parade, Great North Road, Barnet, Herts! The car still has the original rear number plate fitted and I have the service book with the dealer stamp but I would love to get a new set of plates made up with the dealers name in them and a window sticker. A Google search shows up very little on the dealership and it's made worse by the fact that they were a V.A.G. called Karman!

Back to the top

Saulty said

How do you go about getting these stickers and plates made up? My Golf was registered new at a dealership call Karman, they were in 18-19 Greenhill Parade, Great North Road, Barnet, Herts! The car still has the original rear number plate fitted and I have the service book with the dealer stamp but I would love to get a new set of plates made up with the dealers name in them and a window sticker. A Google search shows up very little on the dealership and it's made worse by the fact that they were a V.A.G. called Karman!
  There's a website I found called dmb.uk.com who make all sorts of original decals stickers plates etc, might even have your dealer on there already on the pre made section, I'm going to contact them and ask if they'll make some up for me
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.