Skip navigation

Series One Body Panels

Back to the top
Hi, so I have brought a series one GTI, now looking for some nos panels or used.
S1 wings
S1 floor
Inner sills,
Possibly a rear panel, but it's not that bad.
But any S1 panels drop me a pm or comment on here.
Thanks.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Still looking

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Same here fella same boat as you lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

Well if it helps no one contacted me. Got a wing off facebook but still looking for everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Aaaah bless hope you didnt pay out of your nose for panel off ebay?

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

Not seen much on ebay to be honest, just german stuff and they wont ship.

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Can be a nitemare the search goes on ..

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

What is it you need?

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Just genuine parts bits and bobs always needed.

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

Bump

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Apart from the bottom trim swage line
What else is different to the S2 wings?

Team Wackeldackel - Team Wackeldackel

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

Not aware of a swage line difference, the later cabrio have two holes for the clipper kit.  Where the mk1 only had one hole this was S1 and S2
The only difference i know to is when you open the bonnet the part where the bolts pass though is reinforced differently.
But i could have missed something

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
I've come across a few differences whilst restoring my 76 (swallowtail)
Being a 76 they don't have the swage line for the sill trim,not 100% if this continued until 1980 on the S1 as most of the swallowtails panels are different.
My wings came from Australia due to unable to locate any in Europe.

I will take some pics to show the differences that I have come across.

Mark

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

Ive contacted a few in the land down under but no one will ship a wing lol.
Or mud flap as im told they call them.
Yeah post a few pictures, i did see a website said they had a 1974 wing, but turns out its sold. So i dont doubt the swallowtails are different.

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Yeah it's a nightmare as there getting very rare in AUS so no one wants to part with them,also the cost of shipping is ridiculous.

Personally I would buy new wings from heritage ,, but they do only have the square tabs where the top bolts go through and not the long reinforced rail.

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

Ive already got a nos s1 passenger side wing.  Even if i can just get the top reinforced part to add to an s2 id be happy.

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
White wings are on my 76
Black wings purchased years ago from VW
Grey wing is from VW Mexico (Germany stamped) image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top

Series One Body Panels

I was trying to get one from mexico, but guy says hes sold them now

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Are they any good the 1s from Mexico? Whats the shipping cost and timeframe?

Back to the top
No idea I got mine from a company in the uk many years ago which was the last one they had (can't remember who from)
I was after a pair to use on the 76
But ended up getting the Aussie ones.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.