Skip navigation

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2016 ! - 17TH - 19TH JUNE

Back to the top

I WOULD LOVE RECORD NUMBERS OFF ATTENDANCE - Its a GREAT weekend !

Hi Rich I managed to get the Sunday off work so will put me down please see you soon Ian.

Back to the top
Yomp   Dainish arf333 Laracb daz1971 ijs1985 gasco GHIA sportlinecab n11kgh walejase TheDoctor dude10028 PewseyVdub2011 baywong8 Scottyyy funk-star kandg120 graham 16v RattyDub

Hi Guys, for those coming for the weekend and camping, please see below (or first post of thread) for ticket information. If you can get them by the 4th June that would be great.

For those coming as day visitors:

Sat - Keep an eye on this thread, we will be doing a meet up approx. 08:00am on the Sat morning at Cribbs causeway then driving the mile or so down to site so we can set up to stand and park cars in one hit. If you cant make that time not a problem, just come to site, enter via the club stand / club camping entrance and ask for the Mk1 Golf Owners Club stand and then come and park with us.

Sun - I would advise trying to get to site by 09:30 at the latest, as it gets busy quick, and they like to limit car movement. You need to enter via the club stand / club camping entrance and ask for the Mk1 Golf Owners Club stand and then come and park with us.

All being well, we will be on the left hand side as you come in main entrance , so it should be easy to get on and off the stand with your cars.

Friday campers - I know there is a fair few more intending to come down on the Fri night / afternoon now. I will be coming to site as always on the Fri to do some intial set up, check pitch etc, so can meet you guys then, just to make sure we pitch all the camping towards back of stand leaving room for cars at front etc

Lets hope for great weather guys and girls, looking forward to another Bristol Volksfest to remember

Cheers

Rich

PROMO CODE FOR DISCOUNT TICKETS, PLEASE USE - GOLF30

BUY TICKETS AT LINK BELOW, don't forget to input the discount code :-)

http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/tickets/

UPDATE ON TICKET ISSUE - I HAVE SPOKEN WITH VOLKSFEST TODAY, IT SEEMS ORDERING ON A PC OR TABLET MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH THE PROMO CODE. IF YOU ORDER ON YOUR PHONE, ADD THE PROMO CODE, PRESS APPLY, THEN YOU WILL SEE JUST ABOVE THE PROMO CODE SECTION A NEW HIDDEN TICKET OPTION APPEAR "Club Display - Adult Weekend Ticket" £30.00.
The annoying thing is though, you can only order one ticket per transaction, so if you need more than one, you will have to go in and order another etc etc.

Its a pain and I will take this up with them for next year. Also if you want anything other than a "Club Display - Adult Weekend Ticket" you will need to order at normal rates and as a separate transaction to your ticket with the promo code. Sorry guys, first year they have done on line tickets, and think there is going to be some learning curves for them! !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Hi Rich

Going to come on the Sunday now instead of Saturday. 

What is the best time to come on Sunday ? 

Back to the top

Hi mate I would get there by 10 latest , ideally a bit earlier as it gets busy on Sunday morning so they crack down on car movement. Just come in via club stand entrance and tell them u are on the mk1 golf owners club stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
:$ the wife booked the tickets & didn't enter a promo code… paid £75 inc booking fee… 

Back to the top
Hey Rich went to book my ticket today for Sunday to find internet tickets now closed. I take it I can pay on the day (Sunday) and get on the club stand cheers Ian.

Back to the top
richyhill the page for the tickets doesn't appear to exist, has online booking closed now :( no one mentioned a closing date

Back to the top
Ahh I didn't look till I wanted to book tickets lol especially when they've had issues with the discount code which was only sorted out on 3rd :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Hi Guys , yeah really sorry , I am not particularly happy with them this year as they asked for us to pre book by the 4th but then had the promo code issue. You can buy on the gate now as online booking closed. I will email them to say due to the issues with promo code can the mk1 golf OC guys get cheaper £30 club camping ticket on the gate and let you know what they say

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Okies I was gonna b cheeky n ask em anyway lol :D

Back to the top

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
UPDATES

I have updated latest info at top of first page of the thread

£30 club camping tickets for the club will still be available to us on the gate

Cheers

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
For those who didn't pre book discounted tickets by the 4th June or because of the website promo code issue, I have spoke to Volksfest and ….

£30.00 club camping ticket price still valid for the Mk1 Golf Owners Club on the gate :-)

So on arrival just tell them you are with the Mk1 Golf Owners Club and want a club camping ticket as agreed (with Johno and Adrian) for £30

Also some latest information from the organisers:

This year's show is looking very busy indeed so, to help everyone, be prepared and enter the trade gate - first entrance on the left - and have your tickets at the ready (we don't like holding people on the gate waiting for their mate to arrive or come over with their ticket😎).  We can accept extra passengers on the gate, although the space set aside for you is for the number of vehicles pre-booked - any stragglers you may want to have on your pitch will take potluck as to whether you can fit them on.

CAR WARS:  We are looking for clubs to put forward 5 members to enter our competition on Saturday between 12 and 2.  It will be great fun with 6 car related challenges, with a nice prize for the winning club to boot.  As we are limiting this to 6 clubs, please get back to us asap if you'd like to enter.

Washingpool Farm is a working farm.  As such, we ask that you don't bring glass onsite.  Please dispose of your disposable barbecues properly and not leave them in the hedgerows as they can (and do) prove deadly to animals (especially to dogs who are attracted to the meat juices).
The show opens to the public from 9 til 4 on Saturday and Sunday.  Friday is for campers only who will be arriving from Friday midday.

There will be security on the entrance to the trade field from 9pm and only those with the correct wristbands will be allowed entry after that time.

There can be NO vehicle movement during show opening hours. WE / YOU must arrive and be parked up on stand by 10am latest each day

If you've booked a private portaloo, please remember to bring a padlock to ensure it remains private.  Due to the constraints in the trade arena, it is not possible to arrange cleaning over the weekend, so it's up to you to look after your loo.

A reminder: there is no electricity in the trade arena.  If you bring a generator, it must be diesel.

There are top quality shower blocks on site and are available at a nominal charge.

Don't forget, this year's theme is Saturday Night Fever!

I have done my back in again grr, so may need some assistance setting up Fri night for people that are there or sat morning please :-)

If any one in interested in the CARS WARS thing, please let me know

Last edit: by richyhill

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
SAT 18th JUNE - CONVOY TO SHOW MEETING POINT

For those going on Saturday:
There will be a mini convoy down to site from Cribbs Causeway.
(just off the motorway and about 5 minutes from site)

This gives a chance the majority of us turn up at the stand, and park up well in a nice display.

The meeting point will be:
Harvesters
Cribbs Causeway,
Bristol,
BS10 7TL

We will meet there at  9.00am and leave for the show at 9:30am

If you are heading down to us later Sat or on the Sunday, when you enter the show   ask the marshal's to direct you to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club Clubstand , otherwise you will end up in general parking.
PLEASE NOTE THOUGH for 2016, they are trying to discourage movement of cars from around 9am-4pm on the Sat and 9-3/4pm on the Sun, so try and get to site early so we can get you on the stand. YOU MUST BE PARKED ON STAND BY 10AM LATEST, or they may not let you into club stands and direct you to general parking

For those who did not pre purchase tickets, don't worry, please still come along, you can pay on the day and if camping get better rate as per update above

Thanks

Rich

Last edit: by richyhill

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

Gonna miss this again mate…. See you at the agm

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
I'll be getting a lift up with one of the Berkshire crew on the Sunday as Ruby is still getting extensive cosmetic surgery! Woohoo! See you then! 

Kirsty "Percy" 

1988 Clipper called Ruby

www.boogiewookie.com

Back to the top

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Hiya. I see they have club display camping. Does this mean we camp away from our stand?  O_o

Back to the top
I think we're the big yellow star trade n club :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.