Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
20151030_164634.jpg 20151029_153415.jpg

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Back to the top

mk1jim said

I'm in  Chesterfield Derbyshire,  
I added it to  my  mk1 policy,   cost  £3 for the  polo.   Then  £20  administration fee  😆

mk1jim said

I'm in  Chesterfield Derbyshire,  
I added it to  my  mk1 policy,   cost  £3 for the  polo.   Then  £20  administration fee  😆
 God I want it :lol: annoyingly my imsurance online says this image.png I have emailed them saying "Hi,

"I am looking at changing my car, the car I would potentially like to insure is a 1.0ltr Volkswagen Polo 1994 (Registration number L69 PWE), this car is very low insurance group etc yet if I quote online it says it is not valid for insurance? Can you please explain why this message is showing and see if you can give me an actual quote on this vehicle, I see you are part of the aviva group and I have insured older and much larger engined cars with aviva in the past so I see no reason as to why this vehicle would not be able to be insured? Could you please get back to me as soon as possible so I can then make a decision whether to buy this car or not." - hopefully something gets sorted out! Any oics of the interior?

Back to the top
Hi,  I'm not  sure why  it's  coming back with  that  message  ?  
It's  mot  taxed and  insured  .have the  log book in my name .
Give them a  call  have a chat with them  

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Back to the top

mk1jim said

Don't worry it's not just your car it seems to come up on any okder car but they're owned by aviva and they quoted me for your car so seems strange interesting to see how they reply

Back to the top

mk1jim said

So annoyingly my current policy won't cover me on any car 20 or more years old, looks like I'll be waiting until october/november time to try and get one

Back to the top
I have a mk1 Derby (polo with a boot) 1272cc with twin carbs and few tweeks.
It leaves standard GTi's in its wake!!

Avoid anything other than the 1.3 engines as all the others are horrible!

Ad some VW11 brakes to it at the front and some decent discs and pads and the brakes are fine. you just have to push a bit harder.
A 40mm drop on decent springs and dampers sees the handling trasformed, add some decent wheels and squeeze some 165 or 17775/60 tyres underneath on a 13" rim and you've got a go-kart.

Bits are more difficult to find as they aren't as 'scene' as a mk1 golf but it does seem to be easier these days to get bits.

Just avoid any owned by teenagers!

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

borednow said

I have a mk1 Derby (polo with a boot) 1272cc with twin carbs and few tweeks.
It leaves standard GTi's in its wake!!

Avoid anything other than the 1.3 engines as all the others are horrible!

Ad some VW11 brakes to it at the front and some decent discs and pads and the brakes are fine. you just have to push a bit harder.
A 40mm drop on decent springs and dampers sees the handling trasformed, add some decent wheels and squeeze some 165 or 17775/60 tyres underneath on a 13" rim and you've got a go-kart.

Bits are more difficult to find as they aren't as 'scene' as a mk1 golf but it does seem to be easier these days to get bits.

Just avoid any owned by teenagers!
 Derbys are so cool my mum had one when I was very young she said she loved it, that was the kind of mods I was thinking I gave my mk1 a 40mm drop on eibach springs & bilstein shocks and it handles great, was that twin webers? I have a single 34 dtml on my clipper found it very easy to tune and get running well  

Back to the top
My mate has a mk2 saloon with the same 1.4l 16v afh engine conversion as my golf, we both run cbr 600 bike carbs, t25 dizzy and a 5 spd rod change gearbox. His recently dynod at 118bhp at the wheels and is very nippy.

It's a super easy conversion. You can fit vw ii brakes straight on for better stopping. He does bemoan the polo's lack of wishbones though. And they won't go as lw as the golf.  :thumbs:

1982 3 Door - 'BRO' - gone to pastures new
 1990 Clipper Cabriolet - Jet green metallic

Back to the top

Unityneil said

My mate has a mk2 saloon with the same 1.4l 16v afh engine conversion as my golf, we both run cbr 600 bike carbs, t25 dizzy and a 5 spd rod change gearbox. His recently dynod at 118bhp at the wheels and is very nippy.

It's a super easy conversion. You can fit vw ii brakes straight on for better stopping. He does bemoan the polo's lack of wishbones though. And they won't go as lw as the golf.  :thumbs:
 The afh does look like a good choice for conversion! I assume it's a lot easier if start off with a later injection car? Do you just fit an electric pump to a carby or something along those lines I'm guessing

Back to the top

MK1CabbyWhite said

Unityneil said

The afh does look like a good choice for conversion! I assume it's a lot easier if start off with a later injection car? Do you just fit an electric pump to a carby or something along those lines I'm guessing

Yeah the afh is an easy coversion into the mk2 polo. Electric fuel pump at the back. Dizzy replaces the afh unit. Ignition module from a 1.3 car golf. Simple!

Back to the top

Unityneil said

MK1CabbyWhite said

Unityneil said

Yeah the afh is an easy coversion into the mk2 polo. Electric fuel pump at the back. Dizzy replaces the afh unit. Ignition module from a 1.3 car golf. Simple!
 Bloody hell didn't realise it was that straight forward! Is there much loom chopping to do? I'd probably buy a 6n polo complete to do the job if I ever had the time :lol:

Back to the top
Very little wiring tbh. Have to make a gearbox mount for the 5 spd but that's easy too

Back to the top

Unityneil said

Very little wiring tbh. Have to make a gearbox mount for the 5 spd but that's easy too
 Sounds worth it for a proper bit of fun!

Back to the top
I love mine. Come have a chat if you get to ultimate dubs

Back to the top

Unityneil said

I love mine. Come have a chat if you get to ultimate dubs
 Gutted I can't make it mate, I hope to get the mk1 to some shows later in the year though!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.