Skip navigation

1979 gti - how much is it worth....???

Back to the top
Yeah ok maybe I was being a little unfair
  But you could have kept it simple, I am only asking a rough guide, not a thrown down guns out dig, as this is what it felt like….
  It's hard not to make it personal as it's my golf and is personal to me, and it not just a car,

How can you be sure of its history

I have a lot of paper work in front of me,
   It's been a rolling shell for the past 6 years
    Then it had 1.8 16v for 4 years
 Then a 1.6 16v right back until factory

I'm sorry for being grump
 But these cars do have a place somewhere
  In our harts and do mean something

There's a part of me that really does not want to sell it, but moving to a diff house with no garage
  Means I have to, so if please be nice as it is already a painful experience
   Thanks

Back to the top
Is there no where you can store it. There are loads of people who sell their cars and regret it as soon as they are gone. It is one of only a very few on the road so does deserve a home and to be put back to its former glory either in the short or long term. It is a series 1 and at the end of the day is worth what ever someone is willing to pay. But the guys here will point you in the right direction.
Andy

Back to the top
Right

i have had a full day of painting the bathroom and have had time to think about things

and I've decided I'm going to keep the old girl, can't even believe I thought about getting rid of her

i looked into a private garage when I move and have already placed a deposit to secure 1 of them

I got a good feeling 2016 is going to be a good year

thanks to all who convinced me to hold on to the old girl……..

KR

Back to the top
car worth £1500 and It going be very costly job putting back on the road I have a series 1 mk1 golf gti 1980 it was a road going car and cost £15000 in restoration put the car right and Im still struggling to find seats for it bbk.jpg   

Back to the top
car worth £1500 and It going be very costly job putting back on the road I have a series 1 mk1 golf gti 1980 it was a road going car and cost £15000 in restoration put the car right and Im still struggling to find seats for it

Back to the top

Wibb5 said

I have boot and bonnet, no wings
but do have a 5door 1979 series 1 which is fully in tact
which I was going to donor from, which has a org 1.5 gls engine and Trans
also a 2.0l 16v ABF engine and loom

regards 
what did you do with the donor car? my floor is a little holy ! but its early like the one in your shell, is the donor the same floor?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.