Skip navigation

Campaign Wanted

Back to the top
Hi, I am looking for a really nice Campaign.
Has to be 100% standard specification/ unmodified
As ‘original’ as possible for 30+ year old car
Alpine White, Diamond Silver, Helios Blue only (not red, black, Lhasa)
Option codes S707 and S750 on boot sticker
Not damaged/ repaired
7mm P Slots
Low miles – under 100k/ low ownership
Great interior/ seats/ bolsters/ headlining
Fully Working MFA
No rot
Nice/ clean underside
MOT ideally but I will look at a really nice original car that needs a bit of work
Good history (keys, blue VAG owners pack etc ideally)
O know this is quite a lot to ask, but I am a reliable Cash buyer for the right car – no messing about – happy to travel
Lots of photos welcome initially
Cheers

Back to the top
I have a Campaign (white) which is currently undergoing a full restoration which will be for sale when finished (if that is of any interest to you?)

M

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
Mate of mine has a Helios car totally origional which may be for sale , but before I ask I know is a 6K+ price tag ……..

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I should never have sold 😰 Oh and a TDI Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top

Simon M said

Not damaged/ repaired
7mm P Slots
Fully Working MFA
No rot
Nice/ clean underside
MOT ideally but I will look at a really nice original car that needs a bit of work
O know this is quite a lot to ask, but I am a reliable Cash buyer for the right car – no messing about – happy to travel
Cheers

Please PM me with any info/ cars
Thanx

Back to the top
Swerve - is yours for sale mate

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
No mate went a while ago 👍👍

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Re:

Swerve said

No mate went a while ago Ÿ'Ÿ'

Hope they sorted out the scratches in the rear window

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
15k and 135k miles - don't think so!

Back to the top

Simon M said

15k and 135k miles - don't think so!

But thanks anyway.

Fast Classics are generally over-priced (but well photographed)

The Helios car is just very  silly money in my view….

Back to the top
Simon M u don't know me and u didn't know my car, good luck in finding a sorted mk1 campaign with the specs you want that won't need work doing to it unless you pay a healthy price, there are so many so called mint cars out there but trust me they are not! And for your information the price I agreed and sold my car was not 15k but both the buyer and myself were more than happy with.

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
I shouldn't be too worried about mileage, especially if you are going to restore it, or one has been restored. It depends how/when it's been used and then kept.

Mine is just about to approach 100k - 90k of that in its first 7 years and for the last 25 yrs only ever used in summer and kept in a warm dry garage and probably got wet a handful of times. It's pretty much as it was when I bought it 27 yrs ago.

I have seen 60k cars with lots of surface rust, tired interiors and trim look far worse than some 150k+ cars.

Good luck with your hunt - if you are able to do a lot of the work yourself then you will be okay, but start to pay professionals and it can really mount up - if that's what someone needs to do then Swerve car was a real bargain in my opinion.

Look forward to hearing what you get.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Mileage is surely irrelevant if parts have been replaced and refurbished? I know of a 14k mile diesel 4 door that has been stood in a field for the last 25 years and the entire underside and halfway up all panels is rotten.

A restored sorted car with no issues and in good condition is going to be £10k+

Matt

Banner

Back to the top

RichardHall said

I shouldn't be too worried about mileage, especially if you are going to restore it, or one has been restored. It depends how/when it's been used and then kept.

Mine is just about to approach 100k - 90k of that in its first 7 years and for the last 25 yrs only ever used in summer and kept in a warm dry garage and probably got wet a handful of times. It's pretty much as it was when I bought it 27 yrs ago.

I have seen 60k cars with lots of surface rust, tired interiors and trim look far worse than some 150k+ cars.

Good luck with your hunt - if you are able to do a lot of the work yourself then you will be okay, but start to pay professionals and it can really mount up - if that's what someone needs to do then Swerve car was a real bargain in my opinion.

Look forward to hearing what you get.

Cheers - I am keeping an open mind.

What I definitely want is complete originality/ standard spec - or very close to

Not 'mint', but basically 'good' (ie not rotten) needing some refreshing but not full restoration.

Also, must be a 'driver' with some MOT as trailering is a real, and expensive hassle!

Back to the top
Actually if I wanted to spend good money on an original mk1, I wouldn't want a restored one. For example originalmk 1,s do not come with a seam of weld around the rear arch, where its been repaired,

Back to the top
Good original ones that haven't been restored or don't need restoring are hard to come by at the right money - but nowdays its difficult to even judge what the "right money" is!

Simon M said

Not damaged/ repaired
7mm P Slots
Fully Working MFA
No rot
Nice/ clean underside
Cheers

Your looking at well into 5 figures to get that unless your really lucky.

I know of a silver one with 90K on it if your interested. He wants 12.

Back to the top
There is a really nice fully restored mars red one on ebay with low miles for 10k at the moment.

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
There is a really nice fully restored mars red one on ebay with low miles for 10k at the moment.

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top

Simon M said

Not damaged/ repaired
7mm P Slots
Fully Working MFA
No rot
Nice/ clean underside
Cheers

Still looking for a Campaign - anything out there please? Cheers

Back to the top

Sorted!

Thanks Golfman16 for pointing me in the right direction!

Did I get what I was looking for?

Has to be 100% standard specification/ unmodified - Tick
As 'original' as possible for 30+ year old car - Tick
Alpine White, Diamond Silver, Helios Blue only (not red, black, Lhasa) - Helios Blue tick
Option codes S707 and S750 on boot sticker - Tick
Not damaged/ repaired - Tick
7mm P Slots - Tick, single A code
Low miles - under 100k/ low ownership - 95k miles, 3 0wners - tick
Great interior/ seats/ bolsters/ headlining - Tick
Fully Working MFA - Tick - fully operational
No rot - None, tick
Nice/ clean underside - very nice and clean - tick
MOT ideally but I will look at a really nice original car that needs a bit of work - brand new MOT with no advisories, detail work to do to make 100%, well in hand now
Good history (keys, blue VAG owners pack etc ideally) - last owner 15 years, blue folder - tick

Yes I did!

Back to the top

Simon M said

Sorted!

Thanks Golfman16 for pointing me in the right direction!

Did I get what I was looking for?

Has to be 100% standard specification/ unmodified - Tick
As 'original' as possible for 30+ year old car - Tick
Alpine White, Diamond Silver, Helios Blue only (not red, black, Lhasa) - Helios Blue tick
Option codes S707 and S750 on boot sticker - Tick
Not damaged/ repaired - Tick
7mm P Slots - Tick, single A code
Low miles - under 100k/ low ownership - 95k miles, 3 0wners - tick
Great interior/ seats/ bolsters/ headlining - Tick
Fully Working MFA - Tick - fully operational
No rot - None, tick
Nice/ clean underside - very nice and clean - tick
MOT ideally but I will look at a really nice original car that needs a bit of work - brand new MOT with no advisories, detail work to do to make 100%, well in hand now
Good history (keys, blue VAG owners pack etc ideally) - last owner 15 years, blue folder - tick

Yes I did!

There are too many online users to list.