Skip navigation

20v turbo mk1

Back to the top

6 speed 20v turbo

Hi guys
I think I've got a problem  please take a look at the picture up of the shaft angle see what you think of it if its no good (I don't think it is) then I'll be making up another 2 mounts to set it in the right place please let me know that you all think your opinions are welcomed 👍🏻 image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Here's the drivers side shaft lengthened and partly welded to try now it fits it's ready to be fully tigg'd up still opinions would be great on the angle of the shafts image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edit: by Yappy

Back to the top
Mine angle back a bit, difficult to compare fully to yours as its all built up.  Heres a pic

20151014_193029.jpg

Good job i went out and took a picture lol, first shakedown loose bolt!!!! :)

Back to the top
Cheers mate 
That looks to be a little less angle than mine sh1t Hahahaha 

I am
Hoping to get it finished up for early next year just gotta get a sill panel and a passenger floor panel and rear valance then the build can really start to take shape but before all of that I think I need to move the engine and box back about an inch 😩

Back to the top
Mine are angled back also, I'll get a pic tomorrow to compare :thumbs:

Back to the top
Cheers guys appreciate it they don't move much if anything when you steer it lock to lock another pic would be great cheers again guys

Back to the top
I've been meaning to get some pics for a couple of weeks;

it's quite difficult to make out the angle because I can't get the camera in there with everything built up…….

tried one from under the front……..

i reckon it's probably about a 10-12 degree angle. 

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
Cheers mate 

Mine doesn't look to different to yours you know 

Does yours drive ok 
How many miles has it done since you've built it?

Here's mine what I've done with the long drivers side shaft  image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
I don't know why I added that picture again my bad hahaha

Back to the top

Yappy said

Cheers mate 

Mine doesn't look to different to yours you know 

Does yours drive ok 
How many miles has it done since you've built it?

I didn't actually do the conversion but have done about 5k miles since I've had it. It needs a bit of improvement in the design but no issues with the driveshafts. It torque-steers ALOT!
My main concern is with the vertical angle of the driveshaft when I get the car on air; will the CV joint stay together?………

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
I'm with you on that mate 

Mine are pretty severe but I think it should be fine I will try mine on my ramp when I get chance and jack it up so I get full on suspension sag and take some pics of it when it's up and in the air I think it will be fine 

Mine are at about 20degree angle sloping up and back about 10-15degrees of i could get the engine back an inch then I would be more happy with it 

But I may just try it as is then see how things go from there plus should give it a good test being around 350bhp  :)

Back to the top
Nice build :thumbs:

Back to the top
Cheers Dubbuds

It's not going as quick as I wanted but will get there eventually haha 

Back to the top
nice to see someone thinking outside the box, i believe crazy quiffs did a 6 speed 20vt…… also ive seen a mk1 caddy pickup using the full setup too……. you would need custom shafts…… Dave mac or Reco prop, some kinda firm like that     
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.