20v turbo mk1

Back to the top

6 speed 20v turbo

Back to the top
Love those wheels!!

Shafts look the same as mine bud, pointing slightly back a bit :thumbs:

Back to the top
It is pointing slightly forward I think but I recon it will be fine 

Trying to find some cv joints that will work on the 100mm shafts with the 112mm 6speed flanges been told that transporter ones will fit but I can't find the right ones anywhere

Back to the top
I think there's a guy on 'mk1 golf 20v conversion' FB page that is running a 6 speed box. Join the group and ask the question mate!

Andy.

Back to the top
just done a bit of reading and people are saying you may need custom shafts making, so you can keep 112mm at the gearbox side and 100mm at the wheel side.

The company below can make them.

http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/

Back to the top
Cheers buddy I think I may have to bite the bullet and buy some shafts 

I was thinking I could get my cnc shop I use to make some adapters from the 85mm hole centres to the 95mm on the 6speed ones get them made from en24 machine steel they will work and be solid I think I'm gonna go down there tomorrow and take an old cv and the spare gearbox drive flange with me and get them to work some magic 

So if anyone else wants to go 6 speed they will have all the measurements on file and I can get them sorted 

Well I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow and see if I can get it all in and square then engines out and welding will commence in the bay to seam weld it and then get it all ready for paint then underneath I go with the alloy sheet to make an Aerofoil for the underside to maybe feed the radiator in the boot if that's the way I go 

We will see 

Last edit: by Yappy

Back to the top
You and I have the same choice of brakes. Take it you'll be fabricating your own mounting brackets?

Matt

Back to the top
Hi Pazwaa 

Yeah I'll be making up some adapters to fit them 
They're bloody huge and I'm only running 15's so can get away with 285mm discs at a push just hope they fit haha 
What brakes do you have I think these are off a Peugeot 406 v6 I got given them by a good mate of mine 

Not much work has been done on the car as I got a piece of stainless steel in the eye yesterday making up a Ferrari manifold so nothing happened yesterday on my little golf 
Maybe something will start shaping up today 

Back to the top
Love those wheels :)

Back to the top

Yappy said

Hi Pazwaa 

Yeah I'll be making up some adapters to fit them 
They're bloody huge and I'm only running 15's so can get away with 285mm discs at a push just hope they fit haha 
What brakes do you have I think these are off a Peugeot 406 v6 I got given them by a good mate of mine 

Not much work has been done on the car as I got a piece of stainless steel in the eye yesterday making up a Ferrari manifold so nothing happened yesterday on my little golf 
Maybe something will start shaping up today 

Mine came of a fiat turbo, but believe they're exactly the same as yours. As I've got Honda alloys, I've modified the hub to take 5x114, used Honda Accord type r discs, 300x28. Luckily my alloys are 16", so no clearance issues.

Matt

Back to the top
Cheers wheels are pretty cool thanks buddy 

Those brakes look the nuts bet it stops well doesn't it haha

Back to the top
I'll let you know in 5 years time when I finish her  :lol:

Matt

Back to the top
Hahaha the age old joke hahaha I feel your pain mate I've had this for 5 years hahahahaha

Back to the top
Right now who's running a bias pedal box on theirs 
I'm in need of one pretty soon and thought might as well get one as I need it so was wondering what people are running ie floor mounted or bulkhead mounted I plan on buying one and then making it better all out of alloy and so it fits the car nicely 

Just want pics really for a bit of motivation 😬

Back to the top
Things are shaping up got a cable shifter and a dog bone mount for the gearbox 
Just need to make a rear mounting point for it  C:\fakepath\image.jpg
Hopefully get this done today I'll send photos once sorted 👍🏻

Back to the top
Finally found the inner cv joints that fit the 100mm shafts and the 6 speed gearbox cups image.jpg image.jpg

Back to the top
are those of a t4?

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
Yes mate 
They are couldn't believe they actually fitted haha been trying to find the right ones for ages 

Back to the top
how you finding the driveshaft lengths as i heard they still need to be shortened

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
Hi mate 

Yeah the passenger side shaft needs shortening by quite a bit the drivers side needs some putting on haha never straight forward is it 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.