Skip navigation

White edition 1988 GTI cab

Back to the top

i collect my new car 10/07/2015

standard  black handle with chrome  insert  

so  i took the idea of etching Volkswagen into the insert  but  got WHITE EDITION laser etched to give it the black effect

looks  different and kinda cool  i think  

My other car is a red golf  

Back to the top
rattle cans back out for the  bonnet brow/spoiler went for the quad headlight one  

Back to the top
and  finally i have found a hood cover  in white aswell  very happy with my purchase  fully cleaned and ready  for the  new hood being fitted next month  

Back to the top
Great thread matey.  I've got a white cabby too, I'm down the road in Yarm but I've got family in Durham/Chester-le-Street so I'm up that way quite often.  I'll have to keep an eye out!

Back to the top

andy_teg said

Great thread matey.  I've got a white cabby too, I'm down the road in Yarm but I've got family in Durham/Chester-le-Street so I'm up that way quite often.  I'll have to keep an eye out!

good stuff bro  i am popping the car over to redcar next month for a new roof  

Back to the top
Loving see this develop!

Loving the handle inserts too - that's a great idea  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
ok  rattle cans  have been getting used , happy with the colour match and the finish  ,  btw  i work at north east factors  so i watched my can getting filled with the correct colour  hahaha  

looks the nuts the front end….just need to ditch the reg number  and  chrome for the grill

Back to the top
2nd hand hood cover  came up a treat  with a scrub of TFR  and a jet wash  

Back to the top
next little headache  replace the clear  drivers drop glass and quarter light  to a green tinted ones  and replace the white mirror with new one and paint it black  

Back to the top
Your Cabby is just getting better and better!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Your Cabby is just getting better and better!

hahahah  hey thanks   Hairyarse  ,  i have just stripped the drivers door down today and bought the new glass yesterday  , everything was  stuck on with silicone  :(

Back to the top
Right i thought i would make them back speakers sound a tiny bit better  by enclosing them in with sound dead pads and also sound dead the quarter panels while i was in there  ,

Totally unmolested  

Back to the top
Cleaned the quarters out

and stuck sound dead  in  and dated it for the next person to see hehehehe

Back to the top
And yes i did make a difference  to the mid bass  

Back to the top
Then i moved on to replacing the clear quarlight and drop glass for lovely brand new tinted green  , i swore a few time doing this  

got the quarter light in and had to leave it half finished ran out of time  

Back to the top
Managed to buy myself a nice original badge for the backend  just need to do a bit refurb

Back to the top

n2cus said

andy_teg said

Who's doing that for you in Redcar?  Didn't realise there was anyone around here who did hoods.  Are you having the entire roof replaced or just the vinyl?  That's something I've been thinking about for the future.  Currently replacing the suspension on mine, rebuilding from scratch since the handling is rubbish at the moment.  Just need to find the time to get it sorted!

Back to the top
Your car is looking ace by the way!

Back to the top
I like the date stamp on the sound proofing! Lol

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

andy_teg said

n2cus said

andy_teg said

Who's doing that for you in Redcar?  Didn't realise there was anyone around here who did hoods.  Are you having the entire roof replaced or just the vinyl?  That's something I've been thinking about for the future.  Currently replacing the suspension on mine, rebuilding from scratch since the handling is rubbish at the moment.  Just need to find the time to get it sorted!

yeah a place called auto trim ltd in ennis road

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.