Skip navigation

A579 GLX - Mk1 campaign on Ebay ! Do not waste you time

Back to the top
HeHelios

Omg cant believe that , while we were there I saw others VW's as well round the back which he said had nothing to do with him, thats mental I always thought of Wagen Wheels as being well known and honest.

Really goes to show money can turn the best of them into cowboys !!

Back to the top
Well last summer I flew over for my Daughter's Wedding, the same weekend in July as the AGM last year!  :$

I was staying in Winchester and drove through Romsey to Cadnam heading for Bournemouth beach, which was the location of the wedding. 

I past the garage then and thought to myself wow surprised to see you guys still in business after all this time. 
More than three decades to my knowledge. 

I do remember that if someone came to us with a p/x and mentioned that they had bought it there or had something done there, we'd take a very close look !

But again to be fair it might not be the same people now as then and being main dealers and so called professionals we should take a close look at everything!   ;)  :thumbs:

Sent from my mobile phone. 

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
A customer of mine has just informed me about this thread.
I have run WagenWheels for the last 13 years and have worked hard to build a reputation based on honesty and a passion for the cars. I have been based at Copythorne Garage for all of that time, but have no affiliation with the garage itself or the car sales, and the car being discussed was owned by the owner of the garage, not WagenWheels. I simply rent a unit in the back yard.
I have no affiliation with the car being discussed here, and am somewhat surprised by some of the comments made above. I have no intention of getting involved in a discussion about the car. However, I do know that he does not do 'dodgy' MOTs as is being suggested, and is well respected by his customers, so I would absolutely refute such accusations.
I hope that anyone else who has built a business from scratch will appreciate that reputations are very easy to damage, and are sometimes done so unnecessarily. I have supplied cars, parts, and advice to many genuine enthusiasts over the years, some of which are, or have been, members of the club and am pleased to read the positive comments about my reputation above. Hopefully this thread won't have spoiled it.
Ian Green

Back to the top
Thanks for posting up and clearing the air Ian, so to speak. With information so readily available on the Internet now I think it's even easier to jump to the wrong conclusion. Im sure that there's no harm done ;-)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
WagenWheels

Hi Ian , Thanks for posting that reply and clearing a few things up , I did find it hard to believe that Wagen wheels had anything to do with the Garage I know you guys have supplied loads of Mk1's over the years I have even bought a few with your stickers on the back and think we have spoken a few times over the years too.

The guy you rent off on the other hand is a nasty piece of work , never been so insulted in all my years buying cars and he definitely had something to hide or else he would not have acted in that manner, as for his reputation if he did care he would have been honest and not spat his dummy like a 5 year old, but hey that's not your fault mate .

But just for the record WAGEN WHEELS have nothing to do with the Copythorne Garage :thumbs:

Last edit: by SANJP

Back to the top
I'm looking at the moment for another Mk1 and nearly went to look at this as it's not far from home. Thanks for the heads up it's saved me a lot of time and effort.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.