Skip navigation

Abf over revving idle valve fully open.

Back to the top
Fiddled with the little grub screw on the front and back of the isv. If the engine cools down it idles at 900rpm but when warm anything from 1500 to 2000rpm.  Think the smoke is a valve problem rather than anything to do with this problem.

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 

Back to the top
After spraying wd all round the engine the car cut out when sprayed by the injectors to the right hand side. Don't know if this sheds any light.

Back to the top
Now thinking it's a problem with the wires as routing back I can see several joins. Am I correct in thinking the black is just an ignition live and the white goes to pin 27 on the ecu? If this is correct I will put 2 new wires on and see if that helps? A few of my ramblings to catch up on there lol :lol:

Back to the top
Wired direct from ecu pin 27 and a ignition live and still the same. Some times will sit at 1500rpm some times at 3000rpm or if not hunting. I think I have a valve sticking but would not be related to this so that's another thing to sort for another time. Had no luck finding a diagnostic port yet and really need my car as bussing it to work so illuminated the isv and the wiring from the ecu to it  and put a new temp sensor in so what can I look at next to try.

Back to the top
if spraying WD40 in a certain area makes the car cut out it sounds to me like you have an air leak there, so best have a damn good look!

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Right next step is to take manifold off clean and make sure no leaks. If that doesn't work its going on bike carbs!!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.