Skip navigation

Golf Gti on Car SOS next week

Back to the top
I thought the show was terrible. The worst Car SOS episode I've seen. Hardly saw anything about the car just nonsense from that Tim Shaw. Although the car did look nice I'd like to see a close up of it. Can't believe they fitted that horrible suspension and was that rust still showing on the lower panel around the exhaust pipe exit? Think I'll stick to watching 'for the love of cars' which concentrates more on the actual restoration.

Back to the top
It was a lot better than what it was in the beginning though mate and to be fair it's not going to be up to concours standard in the time they had and good on that bloke for keeping it for so long 👍
Although my wife had to go out of the room with all the swearing I was shouting at the TV when a certain garage came on! 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Yeah a bit disappointing.

Back to the top
Yeah I'd agree, not enough of the car shown :(

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Just watching for the love of cars on the Rover SD1, forty mins in and about 2mins of footage so far on the restoration.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yes Richard as bad as SOS this week:( who wants to see a police car driving through London traffic with a liver on the back seat?

Back to the top
The Golf Gti next week looks like they are going to turn it into a horrible rally car :(

Back to the top
Yeah, poor episode of that as well, little car content. will have to keep watching the reruns of (forget what its called) that appalling series with Bernie and Mario, at least it shows work being done on the cars.

Back to the top
Yeah but they always argue with eachother :)

Back to the top
Your right jezzer they are it was supposed to be a mk1 rally car originally, they came and filmed on the club stand at the nec, I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns out like.

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

Blurb from Coys pre-auction advert, (Jan. 2015)…

According to 'Classiccarprice.com', made £10925.00

"Lot 145 - 1980 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1600cc Mk1 5-speed-CR Group 2 Historic 145 - 1980 Volkswagen Golf GTI 1600cc Mk1 5-speed-CR Group 2 Historic Estimate: No Reserve Registration Number: HHG 800W Chassis Number: 17BW443156 File image Surely the definitive hot hatch, the Mk1 VW Golf GTI, defined an era and kick started a whole new genre of 'hot hatches' that were easy to live with yet quick and fun to drive. The GTI had a successful competition career in saloon racing but also acquitted itself well as a class winner in rallying. HHG 800W was produced as a 1600cc GTI with a 5-speed close-ratio gearbox, a rare specification which made it an ideal candidate for the conversion it has since undergone into a Group 2 historic rally car. This transformation, a full nut and bolt restoration, has been carried out to an exacting standard by Ant Anstead and his team at Evanta Motors for series 2 of Channel 4's 'For the Love of Cars'. They have produced the ultimate Group 2 rally Golf; a fast competitive car in the yellow and blue livery of the famous 'Pierburg Golf' driven in period by Per Eklund. The team started by strengthening the shell and repairing any corrosion then fitted an FIA approved cage from the Roll Centre, a floor-mounted adjustable bias pedal box, plumbed in extinguisher system, Stack competition instrument cluster mounted in an aluminium dashboard and a hydraulic rally handbrake. Sparco bucket seats, harnesses and steering wheel were fitted along with polycarbonate glazing. The wiring loom is a bespoke item built by Evanta's electrician. The engine was rebuilt to Group 2 specification with longevity and driveability in mind by legendary ex-VW works team rally engineer Walter Ainsworth. It uses a G60 high-pressure oil pump, Wossner forged pistons, H-Beam conrods, competition bearings, solid lifters, Samco silicon hoses and a Kent Cams made GS2K cam. An Ashley stainless steel competition exhaust is fitted. The brakes are 4-pot alloy callipers by CompBrake while the suspension has been completely rebuilt and features adjustable struts, Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs. Fibreglass Group 2 wheel-arches cover the bespoke 15”alloys by Image Wheels with DMACK competition tyres. The power is fed through a Black Diamond clutch. This fantastically specified car is ready to fight for class wins. A build of this scope and quality would cost a fortune to replicate so this must represent a great opportunity to get involved with historic rallying using a car built to the very highest of standards. The car comes with a current V5 document."

Back to the top
I take that back that looks to be a rather nice rally car :)

Back to the top
I liked the Deutsch Dokters bit - great tv!

Banner

Back to the top

Swerve said

Although my wife had to go out of the room with all the swearing I was shouting at the TV when a certain garage came on! 

Ha ha, I just watched this and immediately thought of you Swerve when I saw where they went to get some parts :lol:  

Back to the top
I just feel sorry for the poor person who had their Golf booked in for a service and it was returned minus front wings and tailgate! They had to get the parts from somewhere!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Tell me about Deutche Doctors, what happened?

Back to the top
What is the make of radio they fitted?

Back to the top
I don't know but it was some horrible chrome trimmed thing 

Back to the top
That radio was totally wrong for the age of car. It was a better episode than the SD1 though. 
I was up at 5am today watching that episode cause I couldn't sleep!!! Wish I'd watched something else afterwards.

Back to the top
The Corvette was good last night on SOS wish the Golf resto was shown as much as this
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.