My Mars Red Mk1 Golf C > 20v 1.8T

Back to the top

'82 Golf Restoration Thread

Its the laminates part of the glass allowing water/air in

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top

Pistol said

Where did you get your rollover jig from?

Got it from handling solutions;
http://www.rolloverjigs.com/

I bought through ebay, need to weld it together now.

Back to the top
Cheers, that's the one I'm looking at myself. Project looks good, it's a long road ahead!!

Back to the top
Had a day off work today to get cracking with the golf, started with removing a half cut off bracket and the remains of the 1.0 engine mount.

First attempt at removing panels, spot weld drill bit works great, flatted them all back with the grinder after.

Some more rust to sort there

Made a start on removing the battery tray, a lot harder to see the spot weld locations.  Not decided if I'll put a new one back or relocate the battery to the boot.

Engine brackets and bushes arrived, went with epytec conversion mounts

Question for those in the know, are these the right way round to press the rubber engine mounts in?  … This way matches orientation of the old mounts?

Just picked up my eBay win, £5.50 for both! Well pleased, was planning on using them for the bases but they seem to good to split so will have to see..

Slow but steady progress!  Got some time off over the Xmas break so hoping to pull my finger out and get some work done on the golf :)

Back to the top
Quick update, didn't get as much time as I'd of liked over xmas on the golf.  But removed a bit more of the battery tray - there's a lot of hidden spot welds holding it down, but glad I'm removing it as there's a bit of a rust trap underneath.

First batch of panels purchased from vw heritage :)

Sills
Front floor pans
Rear outer arches
Fuel filler cap

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.