Skip navigation

Alps - 1992 Green Rivage

Back to the top
Been busy with her as spring is here, seems like an evergrowing list lol!

Replaced the fuel cap with the correct style, also replaced the sticker around the screws to tidy this up

Stuck some new Logo`d Mats in to tidy up the interior, anyone know the best way to get the carpets back in the corners, previous owners have tried to glue it down!

After a Little clean

Also replaced the stereo with an older unit, which actually sounds a lot better, installed the cd changer in the glove box for now but may have to move it as I miss the storage.

Bought these last year and they have been sitting in my garage waiting to go on.

Pic with the hood down end of last summer.

So I thought id give her an oil change and changed the brakes , and I put the shiney`s back on :)

Finally a shot with the wheels on :)looking a bit more like its Rivage self

Last edit: by Alps

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top
Loooking good!

I like how you managed to restore the bonnet and I love them Le Castellets!

Bring the car to Stanford Hall!

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Love it, looks spot-on  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Looking good.. Carpet corners..  You need to get some black material stitched back in..  I am having mine done this week.. My carpets are out so it's easy

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back to the top

PNERivage said

Looking good.. Carpet corners..  You need to get some black material stitched back in..  I am having mine done this week.. My carpets are out so it's easy

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

thanks, will whip them out and get the mrs to get the sewing machine out :)

Alps 1992 Rivage Green, 1991 Rivage Blue (SOLD), 1986 GTI convertible White (SOLD) 

Back to the top

Alps - 1992 Green Rivage

Gotta love the Green LTH Rivage.
Got one myself, so I'm biased lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
So a few more years pass by !

- Interior light Fixed - problem was the drivers side switch AND the light unit itself - repalced both.

- Carpet fitting sorted- felt underlay had collapsed - obviosly got soaked at some point then trodden down over the years. Passenger side i lifted and added a layer of foam underlay, drivers side was in peices so ripped it out and added a few layers of foam underlay. did the trick. Sides now fit perfectly.

After a long run at high revs i think i broke something, it started reving high at idle.

so far i have changed the AAV(aux air Valve) which has made no difference, changed the plugs too.

Think the internal pump might be shot (again) so thats being changed next, then the WUR.

I have managed to adjust it all so that its fine when warmed up (a little flat though) but low revs and cuts out when cold.

apart from that i am repairing a rip in the spare seats i have bought and bought some leather spray to recolour them (same colour). Will take some pics when i get a mo.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Today I got my dent guy round (finally) the good guys always seem to be busy… anyhow 9 months later he's here sorting a few minor dents out around the Rivage.

IMG_7511.jpeg

Back to the top
Liking the posts. Regards the dent man how did you find him, Iikewise I need some dents removing but didn't want to approach these corporate firms that's interested in one off trolley dents.

Back to the top

Carl Jones said

Liking the posts. Regards the dent man how did you find him, Iikewise I need some dents removing but didn't want to approach these corporate firms that's interested in one off trolley dents.
thanks, he was highly recommended by my local wheel refurb place, he done a few dents in my other car abt a year ago and has been avoiding doing this one as there were some pretty tricky dents. He gave in and booked Friday afternoon/eve free so he could tackle this. Bootlid and the big one on the rear panel took the longest due to the double skin. I tried sending pics to other dent guys and they were all a bit wishy washy with their replies, some saying they couldn't do some of them.

Try some of the local car dealers and see who they use, this guys does a lot of work for the car sales places.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.