Skip navigation

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

Back to the top

m00 said

I'll try not to take offence to the 'no fun at all' and 'more reliable' comments :lol:Oreo is still going strong 102k miles on and has never missed a beat.

It's a shame you aren't keeping her original though. I looked recently, for insurance purposes, at how many are left on the road and it's only 39.

If you really want rid, I'll come and collect it. I'm only in Rugby :thumbs:

m00 Would you still be interested in having the engine?  :)

Back to the top
Formal-e all the way! :P DSC01989.jpg
DSC02040.jpg

Back to the top

VwChlo_ said

m00 Would you still be interested in having the engine?  :)

If you want a few quid for it then I'd suggest advertising it. I've just finished renovating a house, so I'm beyond skint.

However if you just want rid, I'll come and collect it :thumbs:  

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

daveformale said

Formal-e all the way! :P DSC01989.jpg
DSC02040.jpg

Oh my, that's beautiful!!!  :wub:

Back to the top
I hope everyone's had a great Christmas and New Years!

m00 - I won't be getting rid of the engine now, I've finally decided it's going to stay! I've just ordered my first ever engine parts to start fixing her up, starting with the head gasket..eek. When searching "Formel E" on this site I noticed you'd told anyone with one not to change the engine & keep it standard & its really made me have a change of heart.

I'm going to see the car on Sunday to get the carpets out, give them a wash & reassemble the interior so I can make my list of missing parts. I'll also be assessing the wires to see if they're actually going to work or not now.. with the car flooding so many times last year I think it'll all be useless.

It'd be amazing if I could hear her start for the first time this year..that's going to be my aim anyways! 

Last edit: by Mk1Chlo_

Back to the top
Hello and happy new year!
Good to hear you're keeping the engine. I would have done the same. I think you will be able to hear the engine start as it is now if you really wanted to? I had her running without much effort and I think I sold the car with all of the parts that helped her run. Whack some fresh fuel in, put on a fully charged battery and give it a squire of easy start. She will make you smile.  :thumbs:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Yes! Nice one @VwChlo_ :thumbs:I'm a bit of a b*gger when it comes to saving the small blocks, especially the Formel E's. But once you have her up and running and taking her to shows, you'll soon see that they're much loved. People are always surprised Oreo still has his engine ^_^

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

m00 said

Yes! Nice one @VwChlo_ :thumbs:I'm a bit of a b*gger when it comes to saving the small blocks, especially the Formel E's. But once you have her up and running and taking her to shows, you'll soon see that they're much loved. People are always surprised Oreo still has his engine ^_^

I've been reading up on the engine & am really warming to it  :$ so many things I didn't know about the car at first, now it feels more special hehe  :wub:

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

Starting to receive all the parts I've ordered to fix the engine up! Also ordered myself a manual to read through, 99p eBay special .

Still waiting to receive the replacement belt, water pump, bearings & battery! So excite..

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

Found these last night <3

Managed to find someone that'll sell me a windscreen cheap! Hopefully that'll be bought before the end of Feb

Back to the top
Ayup, how's things. 
Do you want to know something annoying?
 I sold the car with a windscreen. I paid £60 for one and drove to the south of Leicester to collect it. 
I wish I had sold the car to you direct and not to the bloke that got it. 
There was also a new seal to fit with it.  :banghead:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

Ayup, how's things. 
Do you want to know something annoying?
 I sold the car with a windscreen. I paid £60 for one and drove to the south of Leicester to collect it. 
I wish I had sold the car to you direct and not to the bloke that got it. 
There was also a new seal to fit with it.  :banghead:

Hey!

That really upsets me  :( I've had no end of problems because it's been missing a windscreen this whole time! I wonder what he did with it..ha! I still have the seal inside the car, so it's just a screen I'm needing  :P

Hopefully all glass will be replaced very soon!

Back to the top
Is that another Golf 1.1

your 2nd 1  :thumbs:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

allana13 said

Is that another Golf 1.1

your 2nd 1  :thumbs:

Nope, it's the same car! I found some pictures I took when I picked her up haha :)

Back to the top
She'll be ready for UD, yeah?  ;)

Glad you're cracking on with her  :)

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

m00 said

She'll be ready for UD, yeah?  ;)

Glad you're cracking on with her  :)

UD 2020 for sure ;) haha.

I want her all finished bar paint no later than September this year

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

I'M PICKING UP A WINDSCREEN THIS SATURDAY!!!!!! I am most excited! :))))))

Back to the top
Happy days  :thumbs:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

Happy days indeed should make some good progress over the next couple of months!

Back to the top

'83 Mk1 Golf Formel E

Shiny new lights :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.