Skip navigation

My mk1 golf van

Back to the top
Just read through your thread from start and very impressed with the workmanship, especially the fabrication work. Oh the colour is gorgeous too!
You must have quite a few hours of polishing under your belt but the results are spot on.

Great job and can't wait to see the finished article :thumbs:

Back to the top
thanks stevie ya just a thew hours off polishing been building my boost tubes the last thew days ya more polishing  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
welded up my boost pipe an intercooler so nearly there now image.jpeg  just rad pipes too make up an a thew little bits to tidy up then I can start it up  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
Wish I had these skills! Top work! :thumbs:

Compulsive buyer of knackered VWs!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top
cheers mate much appreciated  image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
That's some dedication to tidying up those welds - nice one!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
cheers hairyarse it did take a while been doing the same to the oil vapour returne for the supercharger  image.jpeg

Back to the top
finished the oil returne I made  image.jpeg

Back to the top
small up date been busy fitted coilovers so she now low
haf windscreen fitted an rear fitted the doors just got find a seal the ant made no more they make the left  one but not the right an guess witch one i need  pox IMG_9451.JPG IMG_9451.JPG IMG_9451.JPG IMG_9451.JPG IMG_9451.JPG

Back to the top
ant done a lot recently fitted new door seals but then could'nt close the door
fitted the rocker cover an boost hose sort off fitted the doors up but waiting on a thew chrome bits IMG_9746.JPG IMG_9746.JPG IMG_9746.JPG IMG_9746.JPG

Back to the top
supercharger on. put a battery on an turned her over the other day too see if iv got the wiring right an i have thank god going too try starting her monday if she fires up im getting proper drunk lol IMG_0966.JPG

Back to the top
Looking good.... :thumbs:

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
cheers ICE. been working on her tonight got all the radiator pipe work marked going weld that tomorrow IMG_1002.JPG
an installed the audi dials plus fitted the air filter an double checked the timing going try starting her up tomorrow IMG_1002.JPG

Back to the top
yes yes yes she runs she didnt run the other day no spark that turned out too be pin g7 ant live when cranking. im sure i read that it  was the pin too go off for your ignition live
MVI_0639.MOV

Back to the top
well after i started her up i noticed the manifold was blowing at the head then i relised it was a 16v manifold so loads more work nearly finished tho
finished my water pipe as well also got my chrome bits back fitted all that just seats to fit an bumpers an wheels too sort out so if any one wants to donate some pimp
wheels for it ill love u long time lol IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3151.JPG IMG_3151.JPG

Back to the top
IMG_3244.JPG fitted my seats at last an lathed some brass up too replace the water temp gauge also started making my rsv pipe stainless all the way tho as didnt like the black pipe
that was on there IMG_3248.JPG

Back to the top
IMG_3455.JPG trail fitted one wing the other day but  i read somewhere that there should be a gasket that goes under the top lip of the wing does it matter that i ant got this

Back to the top
Pretty sure it's just seam sealer that normally goes between the wing flanges

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
cheers mate thought id check

Back to the top
image.jpeg been flat out sanding an polishing again making my oil vapour return for the supercharger I'm nearly there now  image.jpeg
an fitted my wing mirrors 
There are too many online users to list.