Skip navigation

My Mk1 2.0 16v ABF on twin 45 weber carbs

Back to the top

Conversion

DSC_0016_zpsyczrs4ef.jpg

Back to the top
Why aren't you using the rear disks from the Seat? Brake booster would fit too, that's what I plan to do to my MK1.

Cheers

Paul

Last edit: by sports racer

• 1978 MK1 GL 2 door with 2.0 16v ABF, twin 40's, Recaros, lots of suspension mods. I'll get it back on the road one day.
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door. Was my daily doing over 1000 ks a week until it hit a truck. RIP. Got another one now and loving it!
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door for parts.
  • 1998 Seat Cupra + another used as a donor for the MK1
  • 1999 Passat Wagon. Needs street cred but at least it's a manual.

Back to the top
I'm also running a 2.0 16v (9a) with a radiator off a 98 Barina. Gives me lots of room to fit longer trumpets because it sits under the front panel, not behind it.

Engine 1.jpg

Looks good with red socks.

engine0616_zps7f2f73da small.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Last edit: by sports racer

• 1978 MK1 GL 2 door with 2.0 16v ABF, twin 40's, Recaros, lots of suspension mods. I'll get it back on the road one day.
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door. Was my daily doing over 1000 ks a week until it hit a truck. RIP. Got another one now and loving it!
  • 1991 MK2 GTI 4 door for parts.
  • 1998 Seat Cupra + another used as a donor for the MK1
  • 1999 Passat Wagon. Needs street cred but at least it's a manual.

Back to the top
Great job on this! I'm most of the way through an ABF conversion on my cabby although not sure what to do with the distributor.

Back to the top
I went down the wasted spark route running a Nodiz pro system pretty good system with computer programe to map yourself if you want.

Back to the top
So a little update my Mk1 is now running first start has gone well AGM maybe a possible fingers crossed.

Back to the top
Fully heat wrapped DSC_0259_zpsmruty2tk.jpg

Back to the top
DSC_0262_zps27l0049e.jpg
Fuel pump located and plumbed in.

Back to the top
had to pull the golf out of the garage as I was gassing myself. DSC_000001_zpsvwn6hjvr (1).jpg

Back to the top
New seat subframes welded in for my 997 seats. C:\fakepath\DSC_000001.JPG

Back to the top
I think these will look fantastic should do after all the hassle they have caused full electric too. C:\fakepath\DSC_0289.JPG

Back to the top
The beginning of the end touch wood. Time to start tidying all the wiring. C:\fakepath\DSC_000001.JPG

Back to the top
Bit more progress photos to follow so the electric 911 seats are now in and wired up if I do say so myself they are lovely. Wiring is all tucked away nicely. Just waiting for nodiz to be returned blown coil driver frustrating. Brakes all sorted new mc and reservoir all bleed only to find a split brake line to the rear. So hopefully up and running in the next week or so. Then off for the dreaded mot touch wood should be okay as everything is new lol. Had to renew my insurance went with carole Nash with all the mods one of the only companies that will cover it now got a pleasant surprise as they have valued my little golf at 8k I was really happy with that.

Back to the top
Seats in. 232 views (59 Kb)

Back to the top

RattyDub said

DSC_0246_zpsmkdx3zdo.jpg

hello where did you buy the fans from?price?also the manifold too?
 lovely motor by the way
cheers

White lhd 83 MK1 golf gti (long project)
 Blue rhd 83 mk1 golf gti (weekend toy)
 Skoda roomster (Daily)

Back to the top
Hi thanks for the fans i got from ebay number 361383213350. Manifold 4 branch was from Dubpower 300 quid bud the inlet manifold was from weber around the 100 quid mark.

Back to the top
New rims. received_10156076088945065.jpeg

Back to the top
Ooo nice rims  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Good work , I have an ABF in mine running on kjet with a 9a dizzy and a kr ecu , cracking engine pulls really well and runs great.

Back to the top
Loving this car

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.