Back to the top

informal get together for mk1 peeps!!

here's a bunch of pics from me….

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Really great pictures and looks like the weather was really kind to you all as well.  :thumbs:

Driving round the New Forest with weather like that, does it get any better than that early spring!

I grew up in Totton on the edge of the forest so these pics bring back fond memories for me!  ;)
I was back there last July for my Daughters Wedding in Bournemouth and I still love the area.  :wub:

Thanks for sharing!   :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Hi all,

Simply VW 28th june at beaulieu anyone??

Anna

91 black gti cabrio. Boring 1.2 62 plate polo (June 2014-) 2.0 tdi eos 59 plate(march13-June 14) 1.9tdi mk5 golf 07 plate (07-2013) 1.4s mk4 golf 1999 (2001-2007) 1.4 mk3 golf 1992 (1998-2001) mk2 golf (95-98) wasnt alowed a mk1 as my first car metro or fiesta was my choice in 91…….  

Back to the top

Minkeymonkey said

Hi all,

Simply VW 28th june at beaulieu anyone??

Anna

I am hoping to be there Anna.  We have the yearly pass to Beaulieu, so hoping to use that to get in.

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top
we went to simply ford on sunday and spoke to the main desk.
we too have the annual passes. you wont be able to use them in the car, so i will take the car in for £10 and then gary will take bert in by foot for free.
if you want cars to be together they say you must meet up first, carpark 2 is available for meeting up and cars in from 9.30 on foot doors open at 10.  keep me posted and we can meet and take the cars in together or cruise over together.

91 black gti cabrio. Boring 1.2 62 plate polo (June 2014-) 2.0 tdi eos 59 plate(march13-June 14) 1.9tdi mk5 golf 07 plate (07-2013) 1.4s mk4 golf 1999 (2001-2007) 1.4 mk3 golf 1992 (1998-2001) mk2 golf (95-98) wasnt alowed a mk1 as my first car metro or fiesta was my choice in 91…….  

Back to the top
I'm due on shift at work that day but might be able to get the day off, will have to see a bit nearer the time, would be a good day out and hope to bring the whole family along with their cars too  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hi You might Fancy this on the Saturday 25th July at Lydiard Park near Swindon….. The perfect opportunity to meet like minded people and have a bit of a road trip in your Golf…..

Lydiard Park Auto Retro Festival celebrates our automotive heritage and looks to the future with the latest motoring innovations. Its a single day event. We would love to see a line up of Mk1 Golfs on display please message or email me if you are interested in attending topham63@gmail.com

http://www.lydiardpark.org.uk/events/Pages/Auto-and-Retro.aspx

With Bar, retro stalls, classic and retro car display, new car display, retro food stalls all set in in beautiful parkland its not to be missed……

Back to the top
Hi all anyojne going along to this? if so may be good to meet up a few miles out of beaulieu to cruise in together. Went to simply Porsche a couple of wks back and really impressive to see a number of the same coming together.
Anna

Back to the top
Yep, we will be there, plan to head up from Swanage to get there early :)

Back to the top
Does anyone fancy another meet up before most of the cars get put into hibernation for the winter?

Back to the top
mines been in hibernation most of the summer  :(

but, yes!!! lets get it sorted!!!!  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
Yeah wen would be up for another meet up. Are most cars coming off the road end sept or end oct?
Antony gary and bert saw you pull up by the bedsh op on barrack rd on sat, I just saw the car.
So many more in the area who don't seem to be members……

Back to the top
Yeah up for this, follow the link for one meet option, my neck of the woods, it was good last year, especially the Saturday night !
http://www.dorsetdubfest.co.uk/

Back to the top
Dorset Dub fest sounds good.  We could all meet up and do a convoy down to Swanage.  It would be nice to have a strong mk1 showing at an event like that.  What does everyone else think?

I was on Barrack road on Saturday a couple of times.  I bought some lunch at Sheila's Sandwich bar (Does a cracking breakfast in a box) and went to the hand car wash.

Back to the top
Sounds Good to me I'd be up for it Saturday is best though, anyone interested in doing a meet one evening/night also?

Last edit: by liams829

Back to the top
How are ya .
Hope the weather improves.
Pm if you have some helpful advice pls . Sold my but bought another…

What's next?
Mk1 second project cabriolet
MK1 first project cabriolet

Back to the top
Looks good fun hacking around the forest.. Next time one is happening I might try and make it
There are too many online users to list.