Skip navigation

bournemouth area meet * loads of pics pg3! *

Back to the top

informal get together for mk1 peeps!!

I will be there and will bring my son along.  Food sounds good too!

Butleraw '83 Schwarz Black GTI

Back to the top

Minkeymonkey said

We shall be there. My 6 yr old son is very excited and my husband the only thing he isn't happy about are lap belts!! :lol:

excellent, see you there…

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top

butleraw said

I will be there and will bring my son along.  Food sounds good too!

coolio… :thumbs:

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top
does rain stop play??
i don't like taking mine out in the rain..  :(

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top
Richie I've put a post on the Berkshire page about & it's getting some interest.  :thumbs:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

richievr said

does rain stop play??
i don't like taking mine out in the rain..  :(

Mine leaks in the rain.  I get to work extra early to ensure I get a parking space under cover.

Back to the top
Sounds like a plan to me

Back to the top
hi guys, not related to your meet but how about a clubstand at this event;

bournemouthwheels.co.uk

It looks like a good weekend :)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Definitely game - the wife is supposed to be running the Bournemouth Half Marathon or 10K or something that day so gets me out of going to that.

richievr Rain will stop play from my perspective. Car hasn't seen rain (or more importantly - the mud and salt stray it brings) in 12 years - although the majority of that time it was in a barn gathering dust - so not intending on changing that now. When you what a knackered old rust bucket it is, you'll wonder why I bother but that's not really the point.

Anyway, fingers cross for dry roads and clear skys!

Y plate Mk1 GTI
65 plate 430d - newest addition
52 plate VW Bora - daily hack [255k]
15 plate 330d Touring - wife's car

Back to the top

arf333 said

hi guys, not related to your meet but how about a clubstand at this event;

bournemouthwheels.co.uk

It looks like a good weekend :)

Scott

Hi Scott, I am already down to put my car into this.  If you are thinking of a club stand, you need to contact the organisers.  The guy I have been in contact with is James Hodgson (james@rel-event.com).  I for one would definitely be interested in putting my car on the club stand.  

Back to the top

SvenM said

richievr Rain will stop play from my perspective. Car hasn't seen rain (or more importantly - the mud and salt stray it brings) in 12 years - although the majority of that time it was in a barn gathering dust - so not intending on changing that now. When you what a knackered old rust bucket it is, you'll wonder why I bother but that's not really the point.

me too. mine has only seen rain about 3 times in 7 years!!  :lol:  :lol:

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top
Will be there 😊 have tax the car. Been driving it all week , love going back to basic 😃

Back to the top
I'm in be good to get to a few meets this year :)

1980 1.1 golf n soon to be 20vt ;)

1983 gti abf on jenvey itbs new toy 

Back to the top
i'll be there rich :) just gotta decide on which to bring.. Gti,rabbit or caddy. i might let the weather decide

Back to the top

oldskool76 said

i'll be there rich :) just gotta decide on which to bring.. Gti,rabbit or caddy. i might let the weather decide

Could you get a couple of friends along to drive the other 2 cars?…

Back to the top
I'm gonna be after some advise thoughts and ideas I've a bit of tidying up to do a few simple things (I think but will ask the people who know)

Any thoughts on advance auto repairs in Xchurch for looking after a mk1, they were ok with the eos.

91 black gti cabrio. Boring 1.2 62 plate polo (June 2014-) 2.0 tdi eos 59 plate(march13-June 14) 1.9tdi mk5 golf 07 plate (07-2013) 1.4s mk4 golf 1999 (2001-2007) 1.4 mk3 golf 1992 (1998-2001) mk2 golf (95-98) wasnt alowed a mk1 as my first car metro or fiesta was my choice in 91…….  

Back to the top

Minkeymonkey said

I'm gonna be after some advise thoughts and ideas I've a bit of tidying up to do a few simple things (I think but will ask the people who know)

Any thoughts on advance auto repairs in Xchurch for looking after a mk1, they were ok with the eos.

ask away!! we have all been there and all played with our cars enough!!  :lol:and advanced in christchurch are a good place! deal with them a lot through work.. :thumbs:

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top
looking like there is going to be a few of us then!! 3 more friends of mine should be coming too in their mk1's  :)
hopefully there will be about ten of us  :thumbs:

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top

Back to the top
Cheers rich I shall let them loose on the golf. But maybe book for after the meet.
No doubt you with think I'm as thick as for asking some things. Got to remember I am a girl!

91 black gti cabrio. Boring 1.2 62 plate polo (June 2014-) 2.0 tdi eos 59 plate(march13-June 14) 1.9tdi mk5 golf 07 plate (07-2013) 1.4s mk4 golf 1999 (2001-2007) 1.4 mk3 golf 1992 (1998-2001) mk2 golf (95-98) wasnt alowed a mk1 as my first car metro or fiesta was my choice in 91…….  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.