Skip navigation

Bought another Campaign today

Back to the top

p12aac said

Does anyone know where they source these cars from as i look at classic
Auctions, autontrader ebay etc 

I would think a lot is word of mouth and the fact of him being in the trade for so many years. I've seen some cars in his stock at auction previously.

I do have one 'plumb' of a car I'm hoping to bag myself soon (not a MK1) which will not likely appear on open market but is a 1973 car owned by one chap since new, and it was only a friend of a friend thing that led me to it.

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Well done you, I called to view this lovely car just after they had taken a deposit. I will be quicker next time.
Caroline

Back to the top

jezzer said

I would love a Mars Red Campaign although I had a 1979 red four speed back in 1980.
Already had a white campaign brand new when I was 23 in 1983. My Lhasa green one won GTi International concours at Crowthorne in 1993. Never seen an Atlas Grey one which would also be on my list if I could find one lol!!'

Well,well…….I remember this car very well……..Lhasa with cream leather,Le Castelett's owned by a Mr Jerry Lucas……..I was parked next to you that year and have pictures.. :cool:

Back to the top
Hi Jerry
Thanks for your reply. The Helios Blue Campaign is now almost finished and I will start to put a few things right on the Silver one in Spring. Any chance of posting up the pics up here or emailing them to me please. Cheers jezzer (Jerry)

Back to the top
that is chuffin' lovely!:thumbs:

Back to the top

jezzer said

Hi Jerry
Thanks for your reply. The Helios Blue Campaign is now almost finished and I will start to put a few things right on the Silver one in Spring. Any chance of posting up the pics up here or emailing them to me please. Cheers jezzer (Jerry)

Haha..Wondered where you disappeared to but still see you got the VW bug… :thumbs:
A Helios too?…Lucky man…..
Heres one of the pics of yours and mine from way back when…..Very similar…I seem to remember you came up to me and said you modelled yours off mine…lol.. :cool:

I've still got mine and would be nice to catch up at a show this year

Back to the top
Loving the Picts Gerry 
TRL Crowthorn IMO the best shows ever great memories ….. 

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top

golfman16 said

Loving the Picts Gerry 

Thanks…….Indeed Crowthorne was and still is the best place GTI International was held at. Pity the good old days will never return but the memories will never fade.

Back to the top

campaignjerry said

golfman16 said

Loving the Picts Gerry 

Thanks…….Indeed Crowthorne was and still is the best place GTI International was held at. Pity the good old days will never return but the memories will never fade.
Absolutely agree Jerry great venue,atmosphere memories that last a life time …… To much going on at shows now back then it was simple mk1 or mk2 end of story  :thumbs:

91Jreg Sportline (now gone) For now 88 Ereg Mk2 16v (monza blue ) (now its gone too)Numerous mk1 tintops I  should never have sold 😰  Oh and a TDI  Touran as a daily ….latest toy mk5 Gti (showing my age) had to go serious money pit ,now cruising a Caddy Van

Back to the top
Who remembers Danny Smith's beautiful Lhasa green Gti, won in 92. Nigel Ketchingtons all white convertible Gti absolutely mint, the black Gti with BBS kit owned by Mr Craig, can't remember his first name? I loved those events and likewise I have very fond memories to this day, probably why I've gone and bought some Mk1s again to relive my 20s. 

Back to the top

golfman16 said

campaignjerry said

golfman16 said

Loving the Picts Gerry 

Absolutely agree Jerry great venue,atmosphere memories that last a life time …… To much going on at shows now back then it was simple mk1 or mk2 end of story  :thumbs:

Without doubt,and thats are far as my marques go to this day.I may glimpse at the current models but I could spend hours around Mk1's and 2's..

jezzer said

Who remembers Danny Smith's beautiful Lhasa green Gti, won in 92. Nigel Ketchingtons all white convertible Gti absolutely mint, the black Gti with BBS kit owned by Mr Craig, can't remember his first name? I loved those events and likewise I have very fond memories to this day, probably why I've gone and bought some Mk1s again to relive my 20s. 

Who could forget those cars..I remember Nigel's Cabrio and him saying he took the car off the road for a month before Inters to clean it from top to bottom!
The Craig's Mk1 was sold only about 4 years ago,whether the new owner is on here or if the car is still on the road is another matter.
I have pictures from every Inters from 88 - 2001 and often go back and wonder where are they now…..I am still living in my 20's Jerry as thats what my Mk1 does to me,makes me feel young and brings a smile to my face every time . :)

Back to the top

campaignjerry said

golfman16 said

campaignjerry said

golfman16 said

Loving the Picts Gerry 

Without doubt,and thats are far as my marques go to this day.I may glimpse at the current models but I could spend hours around Mk1's and 2's..

jezzer said

Who could forget those cars..I remember Nigel's Cabrio and him saying he took the car off the road for a month before Inters to clean it from top to bottom!
The Craig's Mk1 was sold only about 4 years ago,whether the new owner is on here or if the car is still on the road is another matter.
I have pictures from every Inters from 88 - 2001 and often go back and wonder where are they now…..I am still living in my 20's Jerry as thats what my Mk1 does to me,makes me feel young and brings a smile to my face every time . :)

Jim Cottons peach mk1 VR, first mk1 with mk2 bumpers 
Also them were the days there was a real Autojumble  loads of commercial breakers sellin all kinds of goodies get an album of Picts up lads so we can have a reminisce……

Back to the top
Loving this thread jezzer & campaignjerry

Wish I was on the 'scene' back then as it sounds like good times ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Trust me Andy,without doubt you missed the best times........One show a year,no internet or social media so you only knew what was new and fresh when you turned up,so you know it was like a mecca and you had to be there.Think us oldies will have to hold History classes to school you newbies what it was like and fill in the gaps to where we are today with the scene....:lol:

Back to the top
Just a selection of photos from the "early years"…

Back to the top

campaignjerry said

Just a selection of photos from the "early years"…

Peach mk1 VR

Jerry class simply class  
👍👍👍

Back to the top

jezzer said

It was Roy Craig who had the black BBS one, unusually the seats had been fitted with vynil bolsters from new - if VW had adopted this we would not able all the issues with worn out seats.

Despite being concours it covered a pretty decent yearly mileage but always looked perfect. I did hear though that when it was sold the next owner found out that it was as rotten as a peach underneath and was eventually scrapped… If it was true a sad end to a much admired car.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
I've found loads of pictures from 90/91/92/93. When I get five mins I'll scan them and get them on here. Who was the guy that had the tornado red F reg 16v mk2 that was always mint?

Back to the top
Just noticed my golf mk2 oak green campaign with sender rear spoiler in one of the above pictures. My wife is standing behind the lady in front with the jacket on. That must of been 1989 or 90, not sure anyone know.

http://i.imgur.com/MSHRSVy.png

Back to the top
Great pics, thanks Jerry ;)

Great to see the styling again from back then, you forget what is was like sometimes. The body kits on the Roccos!!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.