Skip navigation

82' tintop mini resto/winter work

Back to the top
Hairyarse looks like it wont be making any shows soon! need a new fusebox urgently!! mark carter dosent have any with matching numbers, can you help??<br />
<br />
<input class="ocp_keep_ui_controlled" readonly="readonly" size="45" title="" type="text" value="attachment tag (dbl-click to edit/delete)" /><br />
<input class="ocp_keep_ui_controlled" readonly="readonly" size="45" title="" type="text" value="attachment tag (dbl-click to edit/delete)" />

Miranda the 1982 manilla Green 5-door tintop

homegrown smaller 1.jpg homegrown3 smaller.jpg

Back to the top
Sorry mate, only just seen the post.

That's a real shame. I'm afraid I've got no spares either. Have you had any joy elsewhere yet?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Sorry mate, only just seen the post.

That's a real shame. I'm afraid I've got no spares either. Have you had any joy elsewhere yet?

iv had alot of joy! everything is now fully working and i went for the first little test drive yesterday! all is good so far! The sound of those twin carbs is amazing!

Back to the top
This looks great!

Good effort fixing all the rust!

Back to the top
So, its that time of the year again folks. Winter work has started again on my mk1 about a month ago. Sorry im so slow and rubbish with keeping this upto date.

Lets start with some pictures of the 2015 summer,
random order…

mk1 fitted.jpg

mk1 fitted.jpg
mk1 dubfiction.jpg

mk1 vrt 2015.jpg

mk1 2015 .2.jpg
A big surprise was winning 2 awards! Top 12 at Dubfiction and Runner up Best of show at lowcollective! Big thankyou to both of you guys, really didnt expect it!

IMG_5447.jpg

IMG_5648.jpg

Thats all for 2015. After so much trouble with the wireing and engine etc i didnt really get to drive it much after it was finnished before the weather started getting bad! I had alot of plans for it for this winter, most which are now finnished. I'll create a new post now for the work done so far :thumbs:

Back to the top
So, carrying on from there.
As i was saying, i had so many plans and alot of things to do this winter. After booking and 100% deciding i was going to drive it over 2500 miles there and back to austria for Worthersee at the end of april, i knew i'd need to do alot to try and make it reliable.

Engine re-build was ontop of the list because of quite a few oil leaks from various seals and an expected headgasket leak.
Engine was removed..

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

Heres some photos of the engine strip down/ rebuild etc..

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6492.jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

All engine rebuild work was done by a good friend of mine darren. He does do private work if anyone wants to message me regarding something you might need doing?

I also set about polybushing the whole car. While the engine was being rebuilt i poly'd the steering rack, got brand new wishbones poly'd them and put on brand new balljoints.
No pictures yet of wishbones, (sorry i forgot to take a pic!)
Also poly'd the engine and gearbox mounts!

IMG_6401.jpg

IMG_6404.jpg

IMG_6405.jpg

At the moment thats where im up to.. Engine will be going back in this weekend.
After that i'll be changing the fuel line to braided teflon hose all the way through with AN fittings through-out! I plan on making a mini fuel related build in the spare wheel well ( fuel pump, filter etc all in teflon braided with an fittings)
I also need to drop the dashboard, doorcards and underdash off to be flocked in the next few weeks!
My rs turbo recaro seats have now got the bases made up, all custom, so they'll be going in the next few weeks too!

Let me know how you all feel guys, any suggestions?:)

Back to the top
Cracking car and great colour… I'm facing a real uphill battle with my Mk1 Jetta at the moment but seeing someone else going through the similar learning curve is quite inspiring.  I'm currently at the beginning of a very long "Learn as you go" journey!
Do you have any photos of it on the Teledials or were they just on for the work? My Jetta is Lido green which is some lights is very similar to Manilla and just intrigued to see how they looked.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.