Skip navigation

Wife's new Tiguan R line and my GTD

Back to the top
A wee break home at least and I hope all goes well with the op 😊

Back to the top
So a wee change of plan.

I am keeping the GTD and have sold my VRS for when the wifes Tiguan comes in a few weeks.

Looking at the GTD, it sits way too high and I really wanted the 19" Santiago's on it but there was too much of a build wait.

SO

I have bought VW Racing lowering springs, front and rear mud flaps, original 19" Santiagos that were on a GTD for 500 miles and rear 10mm spacers.

Once the Tiguan is here then I will sort the GTD out and it should look way better dropped 25mm and sitting on bigger shoes.

Back to the top
 :thumbs:

Nice work Chris

I've just ordered a carbon grey GTD dsg ….

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Ours is a manual but the wife's Tiguan has been ordered with the 184 GTD engine mated to the DSG box with 19's and pretty much all the toys.

The carbon grey is a cracking colour on the GTD and would have been out first choice but we didn't want to wait on it getting built.

The guy I bought the Santiagos from has used the VW Racing springs on his and it sits lovely on the 19's.

Back to the top
So the new Tiguan has arrived sporting 19's, sat nav, Bluetooth, heated seats, folding mirrors and the GTD 184 engine mated to a DSG box.

image.jpg

The red GTD gets its VX Racing lowering springs on next week with the rear spacers and 19's

Back to the top
Nice bit of kit that !

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Rich I think it's lovely.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Back to the top
Those pics were after 3 hrs of claying, polishing, sealing then waxing after the dealers terrible prep.

Back to the top
seriously mate !!!!!

The dealer should do their prep properly, I would invoice them for your times and materials  :lol:

Problem is they just have quick splash and dash valeters even at the main dealers now

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
After following your car changes for sometime now.

This isn't my favourite I was in love with a Audi :)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

After following your car changes for sometime now.

This isn't my favourite I was in love with a Audi :)

Before buying this we went back to Audi to see the new face lifted A6 Avant black edition but the reason she went with this is she loves the high seating position.
The A6 was a better looking car but this one will do 👍

Back to the top
19s with rear spacers on with mudflaps all round.

Better still VW Racing lowering springs going on this Friday

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back to the top
GTD now lowered on the 19's and looks great.

It's getting booked in for a once over at my detailer as there's 3 annoying light scratches and when it's there he is pro painting the calipers red and hubs black 👍

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Looks better with the new springs, but isn't that your MK1 in the garage - thought you had sold it?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Looks better with the new springs, but isn't that your MK1 in the garage - thought you had sold it?

The mk1 went a week past Saturday and I think I took this pic on the Friday RichardHall

The car is booked in for 27th Nov for 2 days for machine polish and the hubs and calipers painted, half decent £200 for 2 days work 👍

Back to the top
GTD now back on the 19's with 20mm spacers on the rear and 10mm spacers on the front.
Calipers painted red, badges changed to black and mirrors painted black.
Black eyebrow spoilers and rear bumper protector

Back to the top

Lovely, where did you get the black badges from.

I fancy changing my vw badge to a black one..

I've got the same car but in Carbon Steel grey

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top

P0jy said

Lovely, where did you get the black badges from.

I fancy changing my vw badge to a black one..

I've got the same car but in Carbon Steel grey

Just eBay and it will look great on your carbon grey car as it's the best colour for a GTD IMO.
There are too many online users to list.